Thread: Problem sending to particular Domain

tbullock is offline Advanced Member

Exclamation Problem sending to particular Domain

Greetings,

Out of the blue, I can no longer send e-mail to a particular domain that we have been sending to without issue for months.

Here is an extract from /var/log/zimbra.log

Aug 2 16:14:19 webmail postfix/smtpd[22763]: initializing the server-side TLS engine
    Aug 2 16:14:19 webmail postfix/smtpd[22763]: warning: 10.2.0.8: address not listed for hostname localhost.localdomain
    Aug 2 16:14:19 webmail postfix/smtpd[22763]: connect from unknown[10.2.0.8]
    Aug 2 16:14:19 webmail postfix/smtpd[22763]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[10.2.0.8]: 550 <sue.dabrensky@regional1.ca>: Recipient address rejected: regional1.ca; from=<tbullock@avmax.ca> to=<sue.dabrensky@regional1.ca> proto=ESMTP helo=<webmail.avmax-internal.net>
    Aug 2 16:14:19 webmail postfix/smtpd[22763]: disconnect from unknown[10.2.0.8]

The Zimbra server has no issues resoloving the domain regional1.ca and can find the MX record via a: host -t MX regional1.ca command.

I have verified the recipient address and it is indeed correct.

Below is my /etc/hosts file:

# Do not remove the following line, or various programs
    # that require network functionality will fail.
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    10.2.0.8 webmail.avmax-internal.net webmail

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Travis
    Last edited by tbullock; 08-03-2006 at 12:54 PM.

hmmmm.....any ideas on this one?

Seems like it would be an easy one. The log makes it appear to be a problem within Zimbra, but I am prone to think it may be an issue on the other end. I have made no changes to my server, we were sending to this domain for months, and now since yesterday it is failing even though DNS has no issues resolving that domain?

Is it possible that I am being bounced on the regional1.ca side? Or are these messages really not leaving the Zimbra server?

Issue has been resolved.

This particular issue was caused by "someone", not to mention any names, "GARY", who went into the Admin console and added the domain @regional1.ca

Obviously, once that happened any recipients destined for that domain were checked against the mail domain located on Zimbra, which had no accounts, and was rejected.

Luckily, I had to borrow the guys office for a data drop and when I told him why I was there and what I was doing (calling the mail hosting company for regional1.ca), he promptly confessed to adding the domain to Zimbra, thus pooching our ability to send to it.

So, lesson to be learned: If more than one person has access Administrator access to your Zimbra machine, ensure communication is passed between you.

Cheers,

Travis

Thread Information