Thread: iPad and ZCS 6.0.5 Report

LMStone is offline Moderator

Default iPad and ZCS 6.0.5 Report

We just set up an iPad to do Mobile Sync with our Zimbra farm, and everything seems to work just fine.

What doesn't work fine ("yet", we hope?) is the ZCS Advanced web interface; there are no scroll bars in the mail list window nor in the message preview window. So if you are on OSS, you are limited to the Standard HTML only web interface.

I added to the existing RFE in Bugzilla to ask for the above use case to be coded in to Zimbra. Bug 45905 - ipad support for mobile lite client

Hope that helps,
    Mark
    Last edited by uxbod; 04-06-2010 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Tidied up URL for bugzilla

RyecoAaron is offline Senior Member

Surprisingly, the mobile interface works very well and scales nicely for the iPad.

robertcl is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by LMStone View Post
    What doesn't work fine ("yet", we hope?) is the ZCS Advanced web interface; there are no scroll bars in the mail list window nor in the message preview window. So if you are on OSS, you are limited to the Standard HTML only web interface.

I added to the existing RFE in Bugzilla to ask for the above use case to be coded in to Zimbra. Bug 45905 - ipad support for mobile lite client
    Embedded scroll bars bars don't show in mobile Safari but you can scroll with 2 fingers even though you can't see the scroll bars.

Rob

pambuffington is offline Intermediate Member

Default Advanced Client on iPad

When do you expect the Advanced client to work on the iPad. So far The big problem is I can't scroll inside of the message. I can scroll the list of messages, and the list of folders. It also doesn't bring up the keyboard when I reply to a message.

Thanks
    Pam

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pambuffington View Post
    When do you expect the Advanced client to work on the iPad. So far The big problem is I can't scroll inside of the message. I can scroll the list of messages, and the list of folders. It also doesn't bring up the keyboard when I reply to a message.
    Check the last comment in the bug report and the Product Portal for the targeted release.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

king0770 is offline Zimbra Employee

I believe if you use two fingers in the ajax-client, you should be able to scroll messages in the ipad device.

Thread Information