Thread: A Couple of questions (MySQL Tables and Tags)

begemot is offline Banned

Default A Couple of questions (MySQL Tables and Tags)

Wow, thanks! And a few more questions. Can I use Zimbra MySQL database for my own activities? For instance, I want to log some user actions. Can I create table in existing database by hands and insert records there from my JSP page through JDBC? Maybe there is some other way, more standard and clear, through some Zimbra interfaces? If so, please give me the right way to dig in, and some great code examples And second question is - I have installed Zimbra v6.<bla-bla> (don't remember now), and in the other company I saw Zimbra v6.<another bla-bla>. I have created shared folder in 'admin' account for 'admin2' account. Now I am logging in as admin2 and try to set tag on message in admin's shared folder - I see tag menu is disabled. And in the other company this menu is enabled for user 'admin2' an admin's shared folder. Privileges on shared folder are set to highest ('Administrator') at my Zimbra. Is it some thing related to different versions? Or this feature is customized at admin control panel and I don't know how? if second, please tell me how can I do it? Many thanks!

uxbod is offline Moderator

Please do not reply to a existing thread with a completely different subject; it really confuses people.

begemot is offline Banned

I'm sorry, you are right...

LMStone is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by begemot View Post
    Wow, thanks! And a few more questions. Can I use Zimbra MySQL database for my own activities? For instance, I want to log some user actions. Can I create table in existing database by hands and insert records there from my JSP page through JDBC? Maybe there is some other way, more standard and clear, through some Zimbra interfaces? If so, please give me the right way to dig in, and some great code examples And second question is - I have installed Zimbra v6.<bla-bla> (don't remember now), and in the other company I saw Zimbra v6.<another bla-bla>. I have created shared folder in 'admin' account for 'admin2' account. Now I am logging in as admin2 and try to set tag on message in admin's shared folder - I see tag menu is disabled. And in the other company this menu is enabled for user 'admin2' an admin's shared folder. Privileges on shared folder are set to highest ('Administrator') at my Zimbra. Is it some thing related to different versions? Or this feature is customized at admin control panel and I don't know how? if second, please tell me how can I do it? Many thanks!
    Re MySQL, Zimbra tunes MySQL specifically for Zimbra use (Query cache is disabled for example), and on a busy mailbox server, MySQL consumes a lot of resources.

If you cannot afford separate hardware/virtual machine, I would as a last resort consider setting up a separate instance of MySQL using the Zimbra binaries. There is documentation on how to do this at MySQL, for example: MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 5.6.2 Running Multiple Servers on Unix

But this is not for MySQL newbies; you really need to be careful and ideally have some senior MySQL administration experience. I am not at all recommending this! Just pointing out that it can be done (but that doesn't mean it should be done!)

Re the shared folder issues, there are a number of bugs covering shared folders, some of which are fixed in 6.0.6. You can check Zimbra Product Portal to see if your specific cases has been fixed. If not, I would recommend you check bugzilla and vote for the bug when you find it.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

Thread Information