- University implementation using our AccessID as the mailbox (email) name, therefore rendering the fully qualified name as AccessID@wayne.edu (using "firstname.lastname@example.org" as an example here)
- There are six mailstores in the system. (using "mailstore5" as an example here)
- I have a user's account that was de-provisioned by accident. (It was completely removed from the mailstore, using zmprov with the da argument.)
- Subsequently, it was re-provisioned under the same mailbox name (email@example.com)... ironically, on the same mailstore (mailstore5) it was removed from!
- Now I have the task of restoring the mailbox contents from before it's de-provisioning (without affect to the current mailbox) and am not sure how to get to the backup data. (I have done many restores just fine, but not yet when the mailbox is associated with two different zimbraid labels!)
- firstname.lastname@example.org has been associated with two different zimbraid labels
- A look at zmbackupquery does indeed find the mailbox email@example.com in the expected full- and incr- backup account lists, under the old "Acct ID" (as labelled in the zmbackupquery results)/zimbraid (as labelled in the respective backup logs), as would be expected.
- An attempt to restore to point in time results in the report of an error, stating "no such backup for account", though, attempting to find the data via the new zimbraid!
(Note: This is not the actual data, but the content is in this form.)[zimbra@mailstore5 ~]$ zmrestore -ca -a firstname.lastname@example.org -pre restore_ -restoreToTime 20100318235959
using restore to time of 2010/03/18 23:59:59
Error occurred: no such backup for account: Missing full backup earlier than restore-to time for account f3e14620-7bfc-4e31-9a2d-a6345d3fc553
This is correct in a sense, because this is the new zimbraid and it truly was not yet in commission in this timeframe! I need it to restore contents from the old zimbraid somehow... (Notice I am using the "prefix" argument so that it would be going to a different "account".)
Mailbox contents of "zimbraid_old" restored so I can imapsync the contents into the "zimbraid_new" mailbox (restore/imapsync is my usual/preferred procedure that I use under "normal" circumstances).
- Am I able to use the zimbraid as my argument for -a in the zmrestore command?
- I am also wondering if I can restore the last full- with the old zimbraid specifically to my prefixed "new"/manually created account and then somehow apply the two incrementals that the old zimbraid is in - might that be possible?
- Or might you have another solution?