Thread: Error on certain accounts

nsabine is offline New Member

Default Error on certain accounts

I just installed Zimbra open source version (zcs-3.1.4_GA_518.RHEL4) on a OpenVZ CentOS 4 machine. The installation worked great, but now I am getting errors with a few of the accounts.

I created the accounts through the web interface, and about half of them work. The other half receives errors when I try to edit the account, delete the account, or log in to the account.

I can sucessfully delete the account with zvprov, but I still get the error when I re-create the account. The error is always with mailbox22, even for different accounts.

Some of the logs are attached and the stack trace from the web interface is below.

Thanks in advance for any help!

com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: system failure: dropMailboxDatabase(22)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(Ser viceException.java:131)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbMailbox.dropMailboxDatabase(DbM ailbox.java:169)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.createMailbox(Mailbo x.java:1290)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getMailboxByAccountI d(Mailbox.java:994)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getMailboxByAccountI d(Mailbox.java:953)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.GetMailbox.handle(GetM ailbox.java:69)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:255)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:163)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:228)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:154)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Error dropping database (can't rmdir './mailbox22', errno: 39)

Query being executed when exception was thrown:

DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS mailbox22
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.ja va:2928)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:15 71)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java :1666)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java: 2994)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(P reparedStatement.java:936)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.execute(PreparedS tatement.java:773)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatemen t.execute(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:256)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbMailbox.dropMailboxDatabase(DbM ailbox.java:164)
    ... 26 more

Error code: service.FAILURE
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Receiver
    Attached Files Attached Files

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Hi Nsabine,
    Welcome!
    My very first thought is How Much RAM do you have?
    Zimbra itself should have about 1 gig.

Here is a great article on congifurating CentOS with OVZ
    http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=...2109&#msg_2109

Hope this helps!
    EDIT: I just read this, and realized I created a new word. Configurating! YAAY

john
    Quote Originally Posted by nsabine
    I just installed Zimbra open source version (zcs-3.1.4_GA_518.RHEL4) on a OpenVZ CentOS 4 machine. The installation worked great, but now I am getting errors with a few of the accounts.

I created the accounts through the web interface, and about half of them work. The other half receives errors when I try to edit the account, delete the account, or log in to the account.

I can sucessfully delete the account with zvprov, but I still get the error when I re-create the account. The error is always with mailbox22, even for different accounts.

Some of the logs are attached and the stack trace from the web interface is below.

Thanks in advance for any help!

com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: system failure: dropMailboxDatabase(22)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(Ser viceException.java:131)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbMailbox.dropMailboxDatabase(DbM ailbox.java:169)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.createMailbox(Mailbo x.java:1290)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getMailboxByAccountI d(Mailbox.java:994)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getMailboxByAccountI d(Mailbox.java:953)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.GetMailbox.handle(GetM ailbox.java:69)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:255)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:163)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:228)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:154)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Error dropping database (can't rmdir './mailbox22', errno: 39)

Query being executed when exception was thrown:

DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS mailbox22
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.ja va:2928)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:15 71)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java :1666)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java: 2994)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(P reparedStatement.java:936)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.execute(PreparedS tatement.java:773)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatemen t.execute(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:256)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbMailbox.dropMailboxDatabase(DbM ailbox.java:164)
    ... 26 more

Error code: service.FAILURE
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Receiver
    Last edited by jholder; 07-29-2006 at 09:10 PM.

That's the article I used as a guide for setting it up.

I actually copied their config files, which allocated the maximum to the partition. OpenVZ has a way of telling you when a VZ runs out of memory, but so far it has not hit the limit.

vzmemcheck reports that the VZ is only using about 500 MB even though it has much more allocated.

dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee

Default disk full?

The logs don't say it as such, but is the disk full on your database partition?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Default Fixed!

It looks like we have the problem fixed. We moved the mailbox22 file to mailbox22.old, and the problem seems to have gone away. It looks like MySQL was trying to delete the file anyway, so hopefully we haven't fouled anything up in the process.

At any rate, thanks for responding with debugging ideas!

Thread Information