Thread: ZCS6 - Black/Whitelisting - Please Vote

uxbod is offline Moderator

Lightbulb ZCS6 - Black/Whitelisting - Please Vote

Having migrated a company from Exchange to Zimbra one of the users raised a question about how to Junk a email. What the user actually meant was to blacklist a whole domain.

The email in question was from a mailling list that the user once subscribed to but is unable to get herself removed. Now it is possible other users may actually wish to receive from the company. If the user were to mark the email as Junk it would affect the global Bayesian database and the potential of generated false positives.

Please vote for the following RFE as IMHO you should be able to right click and mark the email as either 1) blacklist or 2) whitelist; while leaving the existing option for Junk. Within the Preferences tab under Mail the working for Junk Options should be changed to Black/Whitelisting Options.

Bug 40085 - Right click for adding to white/black list

Dirk is offline Moderator

I get the blacklisting option, but not the whitelist; which implied select an email that is ok to recieve that would otherwise be blocked by the filters... well then how would a user select it in the first place?

I'm not sure I agree with this one, but only from a support standpoint, it's been hard enough explaining to the users the purpose of the 'Junk' button. Explaining two more options may cost me the rest of my hair!

uxbod is offline Moderator

One persons junk is not anothers though, Dirk. If one user keeps junking a email it may generate FPs for all other users; that does not necessarily mean the email is actually junk. Whitelisting will mean it will always bypass the bayes and any other type of checking eg. Lawyer wishes to send you a important email.

Dirk is offline Moderator

Quite true, and a valid point. It would work in a similar way to the user adding a filter then? I could add a filter to delete all mail from a certain sender, perhaps only with a keyword in the subject. I dont know how the whitelist side could be implimented though.

Thread Information