Thread: More Zimbra 6.0 Oddities

soxfan is offline Moderator

Default More Zimbra 6.0 Oddities

This is a follow up to my previous post about Zimbra 6.0 Oddities. Since that post I've gotten some more reports from users about "strange" (different) behavior with the advanced web client since our upgrade from 5.0.20 to 6.0.5.

1. Focus does not automatically go to the "To:" field when composing a new message - This is only happening to some of our users, and even for these users it doesn't happen all the time. They click new to compose a new message and the cursor should be sitting in the "To:" field ready for them to start typing a name, but instead the "focus" is lost. They have to click into the "To:" field and then start typing the address. Most of our users are using IE7 under WinXP SP2/3. Don't know if this matters as I can't regularly reproduce the issue.

2. Place in message list lost after opening message and performing move/delete on message. View by Message with Reading Pane off. Open a message and then delete or move message using tool-bar while message is open. Users are telling me that prior to version 6, after performing a function like this they would be returned back to the previous spot in the message list. Now it returns them to the first message in the list. Is this a bug or the intended behavior with version 6?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

leocor is offline Active Member

Quick reply:

1. don't know. I forced my users to use Firefox as IE is a not-always-working browser. I stopped with headaches and now I have no probs. I saw ajax is still very browser dependent. E.g. Zimbra in Chrome is perfect uinder Linux bus still has some issues under windows.

2. I think it's a bug. Did you have a look at pm.zimbra.com ?

Ciao, Lrd

Thanks for the reply.

1. I would love to switch all my users over to Firefox, but unfortunately that is not an option in my environment. Sadly there are still web sites out there that either require IE or are designed for IE; some that we use on a regular basis. Additionally I've tried converting some users over to Firefox, not just because of Zimbra, but because I think it is a better browser overall. Some stick with it, but others revert back to IE. I guess old habits die hard. I'm not going to shove something like this down their throats. I've got too many other IT headaches to deal with.

2. Didn't search pm.zimbra.com, but I did look at the Zimbra Bugzilla site and didn't find anything. I'll look around a bit more and then file a new bug if I don't see anything.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    2. Didn't search pm.zimbra.com, but I did look at the Zimbra Bugzilla site and didn't find anything. I'll look around a bit more and then file a new bug if I don't see anything.
    Yeah; I think this is a bug as my boss has reported the same thing. Have not had chance to check bugzilla yet.

Looked again in both bugzilla and PM and didn't find anything, so I created bug 45039. Please vote for it if it is affecting you or your users.

Thread Information