Thread: Web Client: Calender export not working

WonkoTheSane is offline New Member

Question Web Client: Calender export not working

Hi there!

I need to export our user's calendars with the Zimbra Web Client, using an URL like http://zimbra/home/<user>/<calendar>. But instead of an .ics file, I get this error:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
    [...]

See the attachement for the detailed meessage.

Any ideas what the cause is? Are there other methods of exporting? Somewhere I read this could be done in the preferences dialog, but I see no export option there.

Thanks for any input on this,

Wonko
    Attached Files Attached Files

bdial is offline Moderator

If you're really still running zcs 4.5 then yeah probably most of the information you'll find will be outdated. I think import/export was added mid-5.x. It looks like hte problem is that there is an entry in the database for an entry and no corresponding blob on the filesystem. you can probably confirm this with zmblobchk although i don't even know if that command existed in 4.5

You should remove the entry in the database for that id. If you're familiar with databases a place to start to understand how to access/manipulate zimbra's would be Account mailbox database structure - Zimbra :: Wiki

If you're not comfortable you should consider contacting support if you have a plan

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    If you're really still running zcs 4.5 then yeah probably most of the information you'll find will be outdated. I think import/export was added mid-5.x.
    It seems that for some users, export is working, but not for others.

It looks like hte problem is that there is an entry in the database for an entry and no corresponding blob on the filesystem. you can probably confirm this with zmblobchk although i don't even know if that command existed in 4.5
    Nope.

You should remove the entry in the database for that id. If you're familiar with databases a place to start to understand how to access/manipulate zimbra's would be Account mailbox database structure - Zimbra :: Wiki
    zmprov does not work. Seems our license has expired:
    Code:
    mail:/opt/zimbra/bin # ./zmprov help calendar
    [] ERROR: java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Fri Feb 13 00:08:06 CET 2009
    ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke java.security.cert.CertificateException: Untrusted Server Certificate Chain, server: localhost) (cause: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException java.security.cert.CertificateException: Untrusted Server Certificate Chain)
    But this cannot be the main problem, as for some users the export is working.

I am not sure about the pricing - Zimbra - Pricing for Zimbra Collaboration Suite on-site, Zimbra Hosted, and Zimbra Mobile looks like a starter edition is free for non-business institutions like our research institute? We could then upgrade ZCS and hope things are working again. And export this one big calendar. We are not actually using Zimbra much, as we moved to another calendar system, but we need to export this calendar somehow.

Thanks for the suggestions!

veronica is offline Outstanding Member

License expiry got nothing to do with zmprov non-functioning.

Issue is with the certificates.
    > ERROR: java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException:

Recreate the certificates.

Quote Originally Posted by veronica View Post
    License expiry got nothing to do with zmprov non-functioning.

Issue is with the certificates.
    > ERROR: java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException:

Recreate the certificates.
    Oh, thanks!

I did so, now I can use the zmprov command.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Is there similar information about accessing calendar data? I thought zmprov getCalendarResource might give me some data, but it refuses to work because the user is no administrator. zmprov getAllCalendarResources gives nothing.

I now realize the error depends on the calendar, not the user. I have problems exporting two calendars (tried with different users using this calendars), they are probably the hugest of all our calendars. Other calendars seem to export just fine.

I tried increasing the memory size to 50% (zmlocalconfig -e tomcat_java_heap_memory_percent=50), but this did not help.

veronica is offline Outstanding Member

Better upgrade to latest 5.x version. There are so many java related major bug fixes. Without that the error stands pointless

Thread Information