Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: [SOLVED] zmprov command confusion.

  1. #1
    chaitanyacda is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    5

    Default [SOLVED] zmprov command confusion.

    Can anyone please help me with this command?

    Outgoing SMTP Authentication - Zimbra :: Wiki

    Code:
    zmprov ms server.domain.com zimbraMtaRelayHost external.relay.com:#
    I need to understand what is server.domain.com. external.relay.com should be my ISP smtp server through which I want to relay mails on external network i.e internet. But what is server.domain.com? Is the canonical name for external.relay.com?

    And if server.domain.com is my zimbra server then what is zimbraMtaRelayHost? Are both same?

  2. #2
    veronica is offline Outstanding Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    server.domain.com is your MTA hostname
    external.relay.com is your ISP server

  3. #3
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,568
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaitanyacda View Post
    I need to understand what is server.domain.com. external.relay.com should be my ISP smtp server through which I want to relay mails on external network i.e internet. But what is server.domain.com? Is the canonical name for external.relay.com?

    And if server.domain.com is my zimbra server then what is zimbraMtaRelayHost? Are both same?
    All that is explained in the wiki article you've pointed to.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  4. #4
    chaitanyacda is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veronica View Post
    server.domain.com is your MTA hostname
    external.relay.com is your ISP server
    Thanks for your explanation. Then what is zimbraMtaRelayHost? Is it supposed to be kept that way? Or is the field that need to be edited?
    I have read postfix documentation but this command is specific to zimbra and only you guys can help.

  5. #5
    veronica is offline Outstanding Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Yes this field needs to be kept as it is.

  6. #6
    chaitanyacda is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veronica View Post
    Yes this field needs to be kept as it is.
    Thanks Veronica for the help.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to script zmprov changes completely
    By todd_dsm in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 07:39 AM
  2. Zimbra 6.0 Rc1 Ubuntu 804lts -Attachments Block Error
    By mshanley in forum Administrators
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 11:13 AM
  3. Domain alias with zmprov
    By Klug in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 07:49 AM
  4. Scripting zmprov with Ruby (getting stdout/stderr)
    By Chewie71 in forum Developers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 07:21 AM
  5. Moving to different server
    By AaronW1000 in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 07:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •