Thread: hylafax mail to fax and html mail

captainmish is offline Loyal Member

Default hylafax mail to fax and html mail

Hello
    Just wanted to see if anyone here has managed to sucessfully implement an email-to-fax gateway. I have set this up and it works 99%, but the html part of the emails are printed with the tags, as well as the text part, so it looks really broken (other attachments are rendered fine)
    I think one poss answer is to wrap faxmail with something that strips the html part, but looking for alternatives as well!
    Anyone managed to do this?

uxbod is offline Moderator

Interesting ... What format do you generate the emails in from the ZWC ? are they html or test by default ?

captainmish is offline Loyal Member

Hey uxbod, all mail is html by default (the screams outweigh the benefits of plain text), and users can definately not be counted on to switch when faxing. It seems like it may just be the signature thats causing problems actually, will post back on what ive done.

So far I have python wrapper that gets the text part of the multipart/alternative part of the message, as well as any attachments and passes those to sendfax (which will die if its a doc etc). Seems one way to do doc etc conversion is to run a headless openoffice as a server, and feed stuff to this for conversion - really dont like the idea as ill have to add another few gigs of ram to the server to keep ooo happy

Its looking more like a winprint-hylafax solution is the way to go as everything ends up at the server as ps, and keep the mail-fax gateway for users with clue >0

dave_kempe is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

yeah I would have had a stab and said the mail2fax gateway I idea was only for set processes or advanced users. We use WHFC on windows desktops and it works OK... fax integration with Zimbra and hylafax would be possible, but I would question its usefulness. Emails have replaced faxing for so many people, its a step backwards
    http://www.solutionsfirst.com.au/hosting/zimbra/
    Australia's premier Zimbra Hosting Partner
    Resellers wanted!

Thread Information