Thread: [SOLVED] Resources: Auto-accept AND Notify under 6.x?

heureso is offline Member

Default [SOLVED] Resources: Auto-accept AND Notify under 6.x?

Howdy--

I have a large group of people who do not have Zimbra accounts, but do need to schedule resources that are managed in Zimbra resource accounts.

To accomplish this, we have some simple web forms that send iCal messages to the Zimbra resource calendar email addresses. All of the resource calendars are set to auto-accept appointments.

Under ZCS 5.x, when the resource calendars received one of these iCal messages, it would automatically reply with an "Accepted" or "Declined" email back to the organizer based on the availability of the resources.

Under ZCS 6.x, the appointments in the iCal messages are correctly added to the resource calendars, but the organizer (the person submitting the web form) doesn't receive a response.

If I "View Mail" for the resource calendars from the Admin console and I manually "Accept->Notify Organizer," THEN the acceptance message gets sent back out to the organizer.

So, is there a way to get back to the previous behavior, where appointments are both automatically added to the resource calendars AND the organizers are notified?

Thanks,

Jeremy.

ewilen is offline Moderator

I'm sorry, I recently upgraded from 5.0.20 to 6.0.5 and everything still works as before. In other words, I don't see the issue you're talking about.

Where is "Accept->Notify Organizer"?

heureso is offline Member

Sorry--I should have closed this thread. I solved this problem by modifying the script that generates the iCal messages from our web forms to include "rsvp=true" on the "attendee" line. With that change, the resource calendars are back to sending accept/decline messages.

Best,

Jeremy.

Thread Information