Thread: zimbra webmail over ssl explorer

jlbrennan20 is offline Junior Member

Default zimbra webmail over ssl explorer

hi guys , just wondering is there a way to connect to zimbra webmail over ssl explorer using the webforwarding because i set it up and it loads the login screen but when i try to login it says "An unknown application error has occurred. Please correct any errors and retry. If the problem persists, please contact your System Aministrator. (service.FAILURE)" however it works perfectly with port forwarding but i would like to use ssl explorer for the webmail if its posable. i think the error could be because of the random port that ssl explorer uses for web forwarding e.g https://localhost:59580/zimbra/ the port changes everytime you re connect.

thankyou for any help

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Try adding ?redirect=0
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Tony Lewis is offline Member

Default Doesn't work with a redirect

I tried setting up the "replacement proxy" (an SSL-Explorer term - see below) to both "http://zimbra.myhost.com?redirect=0" and "http://zimbra.myhost.com/?redirect=0", and in all three cases (no redirect, plus the two above) I see the login page, though when I try to login, I see:

Code:
    An unknown application error has occurred. Please correct any
    errors and retry. If the problem persists, please contact your System
    Administrator. (INVALID_PDU)
    If anyone can help resolving this, I'd be grateful. Combining these technologies forms the core of a snazzy internal portal for us.

Note, see the SSL-Explorer page What are the different forwarding types for? as to what a "replacement proxy" is.

PhishKiller is offline Active Member

We are not doing anything fancy, yet we are still seeing the same error message:

An unknown application error has occurred. Please correct any errors and retry. If the problem persists, please contact your System Administrator. (INVALID_PDU)

What we did do was buy a Commercial Cert (from QuickSSL) and install it following the instructions.

What I'd like to know is, what is the nature of this error message (INVALID_PDU).

Thx.

bcarter is offline New Member

We are getting the same error here, but with only one account as far as I know. All the rest seem to work fine. There does not seem to be anything special or abnormal about this account.

Bill Brock is offline Outstanding Member

Is ssl-explorer installed on the Zimbra server or another PC on your intranet?

I'm not that familiar with ssl-explorer but your question went and made me install the darn thing. Maybe I'll be able to converse a little more intelligently about it.

I'm used to logging in and seeing a desktop with Remotely Anywhere in Windows. ssl-explorer will take some getting used too. But I like the concept.

Have you tried the SSL - Tunneing feature to hit Zimbra? That would appear to me to be the way to go. I think I'll try that setup myself.

Thread Information