Thread: uceprotect blacklist

bbarrons is offline Special Member

Default uceprotect blacklist

I have a problem and I am not sure where to start. I have 2 zimbra mailservers. I use 1 at home for testing and 1 at a small school.
    I did not have my home router configured correctly and did not block port 25 so my sons computer got a virus and started to spew spam. my home ip was blacklisted by 2 sites. I corrected the port problem and only allowed a pinhole for zimbra for port 25 and contacted both sites to remove my ip. cbl removed right away but uceprotect wanted 50 euro to remove right away or wait 7 days for free removal. I waited the 7 days and was removed.
    my ip is still being refused by everyone including my other server at the school. If I do not use uceprotect as a rbl why would my other server be refusing it? I thought maybe some of the rbl's I had listed were using uceprotect but I didnt find any connection there.
    It has been 4 days since I was removed and I thought it would filter out but it didnt.
    any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Bill

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If it's being refused by other mail servers then you may be on another blacklist, I'd check what RBLs you have on your work Zimbra and see if you're on any of those blacklists for a start. I'd also check one of the multiRBL checking sites such as this one: Multi-RBL checker, Multi-DNSBL lookup
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I used mxtoolbox to check for blacklists and it showed clean. uceprotect removed the blacklist in the 7 day time frame (scam?). I will check with the site you provided to see if there are other listings. I thought I had put my home server on the work servers whitelist so I am guessing I have something also setup wrong.

hmmm the only listing comes back to a site that has expired blacklist.spambag.org
    There is no way to check an ip there or even to remove a listing. If I am not listed on a blacklist then where do I look from there? The work server uses zen.spamhaus.org bl.spamcop.net and relays.mail-abuse.org.
    I also have dspam running on that same server.

You'll have to look in your log files and see why you're being rejected, it should tell you which RBL is rejecting your server.
    Regards

Bill

I looked in mail log. What other logs should I be looking in. I am not at the work location so I am doing this thru a network connection . kinda slow to search. If you could narrow down the log files that might contain the info that would be great. I found no references in mail.log other than my ip address and it shows delivery from that thru the school server.

Have a look in /var/log/zimbra.log tail the log and send a test message to the server.
    Regards

Bill

Hi Bill,
    I tailed both log files from both servers as I sent a test. I show on my end connections refused and the other end it showed dsn=4-4.1 Other than that I couldnt read where it showed any other info that I could decipher. I did find that sbcglobal is also blocking my server. I will dig more tomorrow, I am heading to work now.
    thanks for your advice.
    Bill

Thread Information