Thread: Where is the remove certificate functionality?

Mistoffeles is offline Senior Member

Default Where is the remove certificate functionality?

Surely by this time it has been noted that there is sometimes a need to remove a certificate for whatever reason. All I can find is complicated processes that may or may not work depending on the certificate and type of certificate, Zimbra version, Linux flavour and version, or what have you. Why is there no simple way to remove your security certificate to prepare for (or clear the way for) installation of a new certificate?

I don't care if it's in the GUI, or I have to go to the command line, as long as there is one certain and reliable way to perform what should be a simple operation (though I am learning that nothing is simple with Zimbra).
    - Misty

seewhy is offline Intermediate Member

Do you mean you want to replace an old certification? As far as I know, you need to have a certificate of some sort (either commercial or self signed) in order to run Zimbra. As soon as you delete the old one, you must add one back. If this is what you want the following articles may help:
    Ajcody-Notes-SSLCerts - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Recreating a Self-Signed SSL Certificate - Zimbra :: Wiki

* I found that in zcs6.04, if you are using CACert, you need to import the .crt using keytool to make the new certificate work.

Hope this help.

Mistoffeles is offline Senior Member

So putting a new one in is supposed to delete the old one? Because I am getting errors every time I try to install the new one, so I wanted to delete the old one to make way for the new, since the MTA can't manage to do it properly itself.
    - Misty

seewhy is offline Intermediate Member

Actually, I have been only started using Zimbra for a month or so. But so far, I found you need to manually remove the old cert before you can install a new one most of the time. The only time that Zimbra will auto replace the cert and running without complaint was that I renew a self-signed cert. Just make sure you backup the files according to the wiki.

Thread Information