Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] SMTP Connectors

isaidcor is offline Junior Member

Default [SOLVED] SMTP Connectors

Hi everyone,

In the work we use Zimbra but we are a global company, now they ask me to configure Zimbra to see a virtual domain.

They use Exchange server and they send us a Echange manual with the steeps to configure it, obviusly that steeps cant apply with zimbra.

They ask me to configure somethig that in Exhange is calles SMTP Connector but I dont know where in Zimbra I can configure something like that.

Anybody have an idea?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by isaidcor View Post
    They ask me to configure somethig that in Exhange is calles SMTP Connector but I dont know where in Zimbra I can configure something like that.
    There is no such thing in Zimbra. What are you trying to do, can you give a description of what you want to achieve?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    There is no such thing in Zimbra. What are you trying to do, can you give a description of what you want to achieve?
    Thanks Bill,

We actually have a domain (@primary.com) and now we going to have another (@secondary.com) but we dont have the complety control of this new domain. That means that we have local accounts with @secondary.com and this accounts are administrate by Zimbra but in another Countries have remote accounts with @secondary.com that ara administrate by a remote server.

They ask me to configure an 4 relay direction:
    secondary.com.s200a1.psmt.com
    secondary.com.s200a2.psmt.com
    secondary.com.s200b1.psmt.com
    secondary.com.s200b2.psmt.com

This for I can send mail to the accounts that are administrating for the remote server.

I hope that this serves

Again, thenks for help

uxbod is offline Moderator

Who would be authoritative for domain eg. where would the MX record point to Exchange or Zimbra ?

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Who would be authoritative for domain eg. where would the MX record point to Exchange or Zimbra ?
    The MX records for the secondary domain point to Postini AntySpam System they are going to do the relay of global accounts, we only have authoritative from @primary.com

Sorry; confused You may add the @secondary.com domain to Zimbra and then create the associated accounts. It would be the responsibility of who controls the MX to route the emails to your Zimbra server.

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Sorry; confused You may add the @secondary.com domain to Zimbra and then create the associated accounts. It would be the responsibility of who controls the MX to route the emails to your Zimbra server.
    Sorry about the confusion. Let me redefine the problem again.

We have a zimbra server that host domain1.com for example. Because some new global definitions, we need to configure the zimbra to let it receive from another domain globaldomain.com for example, but we are not the authority for that domain, all the mail directed to our local accounts in our server will be relayed from the mail servers that manage globaldomain.com, in this case will be the postini service hosted in
    secondary.com.s200a1.psmt.com
    secondary.com.s200a2.psmt.com
    secondary.com.s200b1.psmt.com
    secondary.com.s200b2.psmt.com

what we need to be done, is, all mail directed to the accounts not hosted in our local server should be redirected to this other smart host (relay) servers to be delivered to their destination.

as a practical example:

user@domain1.com account exists in server that host domain1.com, also, this server allow the reception to user@globaldomain.com as an alias (the server is alredy configured to accept this), if this account sends a mail to foreinguser@globaldomain.com that is hosted in a external mail server, the mail must be routed to secondary.com.s200a1.psmt.com, then secondary.com.s200a1.psmt.com will route the mail to delivery to another server (the secondary.com.s200a1.psmt.com will know where to deliver).

Is this make sense to you? Please if this explanation is still confusing let me know to try again to explain it.

Thanks in advance

uxbod.

Thanks for the reply, I have alredy check the link you send me; but there still I have a problem, The split domains document you send me, explains how to relay every mail (even the mail wich domain differs from globaldomain.com) thats not hosted locally to another server, however, what i need is to relay the mail sended to "globaldomain.com" thats not hosted locally to another server.

You would need to create the accounts on the Zimbra server and then use Postfix to send them to the other server. By default if Postfix receives a email for a account which does not exist it will reject it. You could create a catch all but that would open you up to spam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information