Thread: Weird Problem with New Messages.

typhoeus is offline Junior Member

Default Weird Problem with New Messages.

I am having a problem with Zimbra since we went with the Network Version 6.0.
    I did not notice this problem in the Open Source Version 5 edition we were using.

I am getting users reporting and have experienced myself an issue that new e-mail doesn't always show up in the Inbox when the web client is left running.
    The number of new e-mails next to the Inbox reports accurately and if you click the Inbox folder again most of the time the missing messages will show up.

Was wondering if anyone has seen this problem or had any recommendations on what to try to do to fix this?

I believe I am using Zimbra 6.0.2 1912 Ubuntu 64bit version.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by typhoeus View Post
    II am getting users reporting and have experienced myself an issue that new e-mail doesn't always show up in the Inbox when the web client is left running.
    The number of new e-mails next to the Inbox reports accurately and if you click the Inbox folder again most of the time the missing messages will show up.
    What do you mean by "most of the time the missing messages will show up"? Do you mean they are actually missing? Why don't you just hit the get mail button, do they show then?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Sorry I mean if you click the Inbox they do show up but if you click the Get Mail button they don't show up.
    The web client thinks that it is already displaying the message because the new message count next to the inbox in the folder list is accurate. You just have to click the inbox before you see the new messages.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by typhoeus View Post
    Sorry I mean if you click the Inbox they do show up but if you click the Get Mail button they don't show up.
    Hm, I don't think I've ever come across the get mail button not updating the Web UI with the current mail although there have been intermittent problems with the mail not showing until the get mail button was hit. Have you tied clearing the browser cache or using a different browser to see if it makes any difference? Is there any chance you can upgrade to the most recent release and see if the problem is still there?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I have upgraded to the latest version 6.0.4 this has fixed numerous little issues we were having but still have the issue of having to click the inbox sometimes for the new messages to show up. Mainly we are recognizing this if you are reading a message or composing a new message once you hit send or close out the e-mail you are still in the inbox but the new messages don't show up. If you click Get Mail they don't show up all you have to do is click the inbox and it will show the new messages.

Thread Information