Thread: Zimbra Download

Korcillo is offline Intermediate Member

Default Zimbra Download

why the cuban people can´t download zimbra, i post this because of me, i have zimbra collaboration suite 5.7 on my work since a year and i can´t update to 6.0.3, for me zimbra it´s the best choice, i try to download it from the main page and i see this,

Authorization Required
    This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document you requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Please explain this to me if you can, i need the lasted version of zimbra to improve my work, i will be greatfull if you give me another way to download zimbra.

thanks.
    Last edited by Korcillo; 12-15-2009 at 07:25 AM.

Dirk is offline Moderator

Sounds like your proxy server or firewall may be blocking you. What type of internet connection are you using and have you tried more than one?

I connect to the internet via proxy, my proxy is not the problem because when i connect to Zimbra offers Open Source email server software and shared calendar for Linux and the Mac from an anonymous site I can download but the download falls, sorry if my english is not good.
    thanks.

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

There is no limitation preventing "cuban people" from downloading Zimbra. As Dirk said the most likely causes are a proxy server or firewall misbehaving. The problem may be on your ISP's end so you might try checking on a different ISP.

When you tried from "an anonymous site" how exactly did the download fail?

Also what exactly are you trying to download? The Zimbra source code or the compiled binaries available at for example: Open Source Edition Downloads: Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Software by Zimbra?

im glad to hear that, im trying to download the open source edition because i don´t have money to pay, what happens it´s that the cubans because of the United State blockade not have access to multiple sites, I thought that the same thing was happening with zimbra, besides i tested with two different ISP and the message was the same,

Authorization Required
    This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document you requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

when i try to download from an anonymous site, for example hidemyass.com, the download simply falls after 5 min.

thanks.
    Last edited by Korcillo; 12-15-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Going off the information found at Censorship in Cuba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and here Internet censorship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia my guess would be that whatever filtering technology your government is using is having issues with the download.

Are you blocked from accessing Yahoo? The downloads are located on Yahoo servers at h.yimg.com. Do other large downloads get blocked regularly?

As for why the download fails after 5 minutes on a proxy site my guess would be that they don't allow large downloads on their service.

i have full access to yahoo and the problem is only with that server, i don't understand why, i read the links that you posted and probably you are right, the thing is how can i get zimbra???

If I were you I would try to find a proxy site that allows the large file download. As you said it works for about 5 minutes on the one that you tried earlier, but then it is cut off.

Try to find something like a public SOCKS5 proxy, or maybe try Tor: anonymity online.

Disclaimer: I have NO idea as to the legality of any of this in your country...

Thread Information