Thread: [SOLVED] 6.0.2 => 6.0.3: Upgrade crashed, now all ldap-values are gone

migibtsnet is offline New Member

Default [SOLVED] 6.0.2 => 6.0.3: Upgrade crashed, now all ldap-values are gone

Hi,

I just tried to upgrade from 6.0.2 to 6.0.3. The upgrade crashed and now all ldap-values are gone (yeah, I did a second ./install.sh-run). I made a backup but it is corrupt so I can't go back to 6.0.2
    My system:
    debian lenny 32bit
    zimbra 6.0.3 32bit open source edition.

I found a "config.save"-file in the .saveconfig-directory, which contains all values (I think so). Is there a way to send this data to my installation so it will start again? If I have to install the collaboration suite again, is there a way, that I do not loose all data (there are only 5 accounts, but thousands of emails)? If I only have to recreate the accounts and can copy the emails to a directory that would be ok, but loosing all emails is no option.

The error-message after startup is:
    zmcontrol start
    Host _ MyHost - Website, Catalog and Online Store Hosting _ . a. framed.site
    Starting ldap...Done.
    Failed.
    ldap_url and ldap_master_url cannot be the same on an ldap replica

DNS, MX, everything is ok, because zimbra was running for about 8 months on this server...

Any ideas?

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

It looks like somehow your server thinks it is a secondary ldap server, any configuration change that could have caused this?

If you can't get ldap fixed, create a new install of Zimbra and use zmlmtpinject to inject the messages from the old install.

Default [SOLVED] downgrade to 6.0.2 fixed it

Ok, I tried a lot. Inserted every value from an old config.save file. Set new (old) passwords for MySQL und ldap (that was a horror, till I fixed it) but nothing worked.
    At the end I took a last try and forced a downgrade. I took the files from the .saveconfig-folder (the 6.0.2-version seemed to be ok) and installed every 6.0.2-debian package by hand. Then I started a 6.0.2 installation and *tataaaaa* everything is ok again.
    The 6.0.3-package seems to be broken. I got a lot of java-errors and the installer asked for strange passwords I never used. Maybe 6.0.4 will work, but 6.0.3 will never be installed on my server!

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

Well seeing as the 6.0.4 installer will preform the same steps that the 6.0.3 installer does in the process of upgrading the system to 6.0.4, and since 6.0.3 is an important security fix I would highly recommend taking a proper backup and getting this upgrade to work.

Did you verify the md5sum of the file you downloaded? Although the tar probably wouldn't have extracted if it was corrupt, you never know...

Default md5sum

Yup, I checked the md5sum twice.

Thread Information