Thread: Scripted Export / Import

hspcd is offline Loyal Member

Default Scripted Export / Import

We are trying to automate exporting and importing mail through two simple scripts and the zimbra user's crontab. The export script generates the files but they are zero length. Anybody got an idea of why, or how we might improve this process?

When we run these manually from the CLI as the zimbra user it works perfectly but when they are run by the zimbra user's crontab the files are zero length and the import obviously fails.

Thanks,

Export Script

#!/bin/sh
    ################################################## ################################################## ####################
    # ISG Archive Mailbox - Import mail from ISG users

# Export User ISG Mail
    zmmailbox -z -m rmorgan@mycompany.com getRestURL "//Inbox/ISG?fmt=tgz" > /opt/zimbra/working/rex.tgz
    sleep 30
    zmmailbox -z -m dthomas@mycompany.com getRestURL "//Inbox/ISG?fmt=tgz" > /opt/zimbra/working/dave.tgz
    sleep 30
    zmmailbox -z -m rkinnane@mycompany.com getRestURL "//Inbox/ISG?fmt=tgz" > /opt/zimbra/working/rob.tgz
    sleep 30
    zmmailbox -z -m abragg@mycompany.com getRestURL "//Inbox/ISG?fmt=tgz" > /opt/zimbra/working/adrienne.tgz
    sleep 30
    zmmailbox -z -m rwilce@mycompany.com getRestURL "//Inbox/ISG?fmt=tgz" > /opt/zimbra/working/robert.tgz

################################################## ################################################## ####################
    Import Script

# Import User ISG Mail
    zmmailbox -z -m isg_archive@mycompany.com postRestURL "//?fmt=tgz&resolve=replace" /opt/zimbra/working/rex.tgz
    sleep 30
    zmmailbox -z -m isg_archive@mycompany.com postRestURL "//?fmt=tgz&resolve=replace" /opt/zimbra/working/dave.tgz
    sleep 30
    zmmailbox -z -m isg_archive@mycompany.com postRestURL "//?fmt=tgz&resolve=replace" /opt/zimbra/working/rob.tgz
    sleep 30
    zmmailbox -z -m isg_archive@mycompany.com postRestURL "//?fmt=tgz&resolve=replace" /opt/zimbra/working/adrienne.tgz
    sleep 30
    zmmailbox -z -m isg_archive@mycompany.com postRestURL "//?fmt=tgz&resolve=replace" /opt/zimbra/working/robert.tgz
    Last edited by hspcd; 11-30-2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Clarification

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

What are the permissions on the /opt/zimbra/working directory?

The directory permissions are 755 and the export files that my script creates (as the zimbra user) are 640.

As I said at first, I can run the two scripts manually as the zimbra user and it works fine. When the scripts are run from the zimbra user's crontab though the files are 0 bytes and thus the import fails.

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

What is the owner of the directory? (was looking for a ls -l, guess I should have said that)

Try putting a 2>/path/to/someTextFile so it has somewhere to output errors to.

ArcaneMagus, you are a great help! I needed to include the full path to zmmailbox in the scripts.

Thanks!

Thread Information