Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Upgrading to 3.1.3 errors sumary

  1. #1
    kowell is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Upgrading to 3.1.3 errors sumary

    After I upgrade to ZCS 3.1.3_GA_474.SuSE10_20060609163044 I ecountered some errors:
    1) It has change my domain to linux.site instead of my real domain
    2)change my admin to admin@linux.site
    3) I still have problems with warning: do not list domain subox.zapto.org in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains
    4) every time i restart postfix it says warning main.conf no own by root, I check the sudoers permision and there are 0640 as in other post has been resolve this issue

    What can I do to resolve all this errors??

    some good things
    1) it consumes less cpu usage than 3.1.2, about 25 % less
    2) errors like tomcat or postfix stopping has been resolve

    congratulations ZCS is getting better with every released
    good job

    regards

    Mathias

  2. #2
    kowell is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    with the zmconfig I saw this configurations and I want to know if there are corrct and what this configs mean
    smtp_destination = admin@linux.site
    smtp_notify = yes
    smtp_source = admin@linux.site
    snmp_notify = yes
    snmp_trap_host = linux.site

  3. #3
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,581
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    You say that it's changed your domain name, what has it changed it from & to? Send me the details in a PM or email if you don't want to post them.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  4. #4
    kowell is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I just send ypu the PM

  5. #5
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,581
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Ah yes, the domain name and server name is assumed to be the one that is resolved by DNS and where zimbra is installed - it should be server.domain.com - I'm surprised that you've never hit this problem before.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  6. #6
    kowell is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    do you know how to resolve this???

  7. #7
    kowell is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    After searching in the admin UI a see that after upgrade aparently the installation change the Web mail MTA Hostname are not the same in server--->my server and the globals settings
    in Global settings is:localhost
    in server ---> "my server is: "my real domain"
    what slould I put into this option?? my real domain in both or localhost in both or doent matter??

  8. #8
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,581
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    If this is an internet accessible mail server then you need it to be on a DNS resolvable FQDN, changing the server name in Zimbra isn't always the easiest thing to do. My suggestion would be to change the hostname of your zimbra server to match the FQDN that Zimbra expects and that you have defined in DNS. If you do any tampering like this make sure you have adequate backups of your /opt/zimbra folders.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  9. #9
    kowell is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    i have a freely fqdn, after the upgrade a got this line when sending an e-mail (in the web mail MTA host was "my domain"
    Jun 25 01:08:03 linux postfix/smtpd[23027]: initializing the server-side TLS engine
    Jun 25 01:08:08 linux postfix/smtpd[23027]: connect from unknown[server ip]
    Jun 25 01:08:08 linux postfix/smtpd[23027]: A66275D6BF:
    client=unknown[server ip]

    now i have change to de Web mail MTA hostname to localhost
    Jun 25 02:50:35 linux postfix/smtpd[20365]: initializing the server-side TLS engine
    Jun 25 02:50:36 linux postfix/smtpd[20365]: connect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
    Jun 25 02:50:36 linux postfix/smtpd[20365]: 046F55D2A0: client=localhost[127.0.0.1]

    in both modes i can sen and recives e-mails

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrade 3.1.3 to 4.0.3 -FAILED
    By rrojas in forum Installation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 09:05 AM
  2. ZCS 3.1.3 Released.
    By jholder in forum Announcements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 07:37 PM
  3. Error when upgrading from 3.1 -> 3.1.1
    By jeg1972 in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 06:10 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 10:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •