Thread: External outgoing mail automatically go ot external account's send folder?

rocket2009 is offline Junior Member

Default External outgoing mail automatically go ot external account's send folder?

Hi All,
    I am wondering how can I configure ZCS so that when sending a outgoing email using an external imap account will automatically save a copy of the outgoing mail in the "sent folder" of the external account not int he ZImbra global sent folder. Currently all external accounts' outgoing/send mail get saved in the Zimbra global sent folder.

Thanks,
    John

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rocket2009 View Post
    Hi All,
    I am wondering how can I configure ZCS so that when sending a outgoing email using an external imap account will automatically save a copy of the outgoing mail in the "sent folder" of the external account not int he ZImbra global sent folder.
    That would only happen if you were sending mail via your external account SMTP server.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket2009 View Post
    Currently all external accounts' outgoing/send mail get saved in the Zimbra global sent folder.
    You're sending the mail via Zimbra SMTP and the mail is put in the sent folder of the user account, which is the correct place for it.

If you wish to see the ability to send mail via the external SMTP serevr then search bugzilla for an RFE for this (there one one there) and vote on it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

rocket2009 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That would only happen if you were sending mail via your external account SMTP server. You're sending the mail via Zimbra SMTP and the mail is put in the sent folder of the user account, which is the correct place for it.

If you wish to see the ability to send mail via the external SMTP serevr then search bugzilla for an RFE for this (there one one there) and vote on it.
    Thanks. I just voted on Bug#:41440 to have "ability to add an external (imap) sent folder as the default folder for sent messages."

Thread Information