Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Split users under domain

tirpitz is offline Junior Member

Default Split users under domain

hello

I need guidance.

I have got zimbra installed on our local network with local domain as office.domain.com, all users on the network are able to access emails and work. But when a local user wants to send an email outside the network, i want the domain name to get translated as domain.com instead of office.domain.com as office.domain.com will not be resolving from outside the office network. How do I achieve this.

2nd, I have some users using blackberry to access there emails when they are outside the office, how can I have a mail for some user not getting delivered locally on the same domain but going out on the hosted mail server so they can access it through blackberry.

please help me get this issue resolved.

tirpitz

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You didn't answer this question last time I asked you but why don't you do this: Domain Masquerading
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

hi Bill

I have the DNS runnng, since domain.com is hosted outside our network, we use office.domain.com for internal offie routing, if i change that to domain.com, none of th emails routed at domain.com will go out of our network, where in we need some email users to get there emails from the central server which hosts domain.com as they cannot access zimbra server on our local network. How do we achieve this part.

tirpitz

Quote Originally Posted by tirpitz View Post
    I have the DNS runnng, since domain.com is hosted outside our network, we use office.domain.com for internal offie routing, if i change that to domain.com, none of th emails routed at domain.com will go out of our network, where in we need some email users to get there emails from the central server which hosts domain.com as they cannot access zimbra server on our local network. How do we achieve this part.
    I don't understand why you are using an external host for some of your email, what's the point of that when Zimbra can host all of it? Assuming that you have 'use DNS ' checked in the Admin UI then there should be no problem sending mail to domain.com - it should get routed just the same as other external mail.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I don't understand why you are using an external host for some of your email, what's the point of that when Zimbra can host all of it? Assuming that you have 'use DNS ' checked in the Admin UI then there should be no problem sending mail to domain.com - it should get routed just the same as other external mail.
    Where do will I get this option

"Assuming that you have 'use DNS ' checked in the Admin UI "

tirpitz

It's fairly straightforward if you look around the options in the Admin UI, it's actually "Enable DNS lookups" and it's on your server MTA tab. You still haven't said why you're using two different servers for your mail.
    Regards

Bill

It's fairly straightforward if you look around the options in the Admin UI, it's actually "Enable DNS lookups" and it's on your server MTA tab. You still haven't said why you're using two different servers for your mail.
    I got that option of DNS.

Sales and MD is out of the office and sometime they are in the office. When they are in office, emails are accessible to them as Zimbra server is on local network. But when they are out of office, people sending them emails from the local network gets delivered to there local mailbox and since they are out of office network, they are not able to see emails sent to them from local network and while outside they use blackberry to access emails. Now if we don't keep 2 hosts, blackberry won't be able to fetch mails.

i hope this clears the sitution.

tirpitz

The blackberry can access the ZImbra server via IMAP and get their emails or are you using the blackberry in some other way?
    Regards

Bill

The blackberry can access the ZImbra server via IMAP and get their emails or are you using the blackberry in some other way?
    Bill,

We don't use leased lines, we are using broardband connections hence we cannot have blackberry connect to internal zimbra server.

tirptiz

You don't need a leased line for the connection, do the Blackberry users connect via IMAP to the mail server?
    Regards

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information