Thread: Safe Quota

waseemz is offline Member

Cool Safe Quota

Is there a Safe/Emergency Quota principle in Zimbra. For example, the Administration need to send an emergency e-mail to all students and employees and all should receive it even if the quota is full.

Is it possible to make a particular e-mail expire after 15 days. I know that there is an e-mail retention policy but this is for all folders and all e-mails.

Many thanks.

LMStone is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by waseemz View Post
    Is there a Safe/Emergency Quota principle in Zimbra. For example, the Administration need to send an emergency e-mail to all students and employees and all should receive it even if the quota is full.

Is it possible to make a particular e-mail expire after 15 days. I know that there is an e-mail retention policy but this is for all folders and all e-mails.

Many thanks.
    Our understanding is that neither of the two features you seek currently exist in Zimbra.

FWIW, neither of these features are available in Exchange, either.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

raj
    raj is offline Moderator

in COS Advance options there is a place where you can setup Quota Warnings..i guess default is 90%..so if user reached 90% of alloted quota then they will get automated reminder to call you
    if they are 100% full..you are outof luck..but in that case user will call you anyway
    no there is not Mass Email to all function in zimbra.

you cannot set single email to expire on certain days but in the same advance options you can setup email lifetime (for inbox you need to set => 30 days..0 means do not delete at all)

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

fcash is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    no there is not Mass Email to all function in zimbra
    It's easy to create one via scripting, though. Just create a Distribution List called "all-accounts" or "everybody" or whatever.

Then write a wrapper script called "create-account" or whatever. And script the creation of the account, and the addition of the account to the distribution list.

You can probably come up with a script that will dump all the accounts, delete the distribution list, and create a new one based on the list of accounts.

If you can write a shell script, you can do pretty much anything with Zimbra.
    Freddie

waseemz is offline Member

Quota Warnings is a good highlight. I belive it is the user resposibility to take care of his/her own quota and not the Zimbra Administrator.

If this is incrrect from the Human Resource perspective then maybe a new feauture can be designed within zimbra which grant each account 1 MB emergency quota. This cannot be used for any e-mails except the ones sent by the administrator and labeled as emergency e-mails.

I do not know how difficult to implement such feature or solution and if the benefits exceeds the programming headaches.

Many thanks for the reply.

Thread Information