Thread: Error when adding account : cannot add alias

Bingo is offline Loyal Member

Default Error when adding account : cannot add alias

Hi all !

I just got an error when creating an account with 3 aliases about zimbra being unable to create an alias.
    The account is there though, and the 3 aliases also !

Code:
    com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: invalid request: must be valid email address: 
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.INVALID_REQUEST(ServiceException.java:138)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.canAccessEmail(DocumentHandler.java:125)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AddAccountAlias.handle(AddAccountAlias.java:68)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:255)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:163)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:84)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:228)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:154)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:541)
    	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Error code:  service.INVALID_REQUEST
    Method:  ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Sender
    Can I go on with this as if nothing happened ?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

So you are saying that you created the account with three aliases and they are there but this error is on the logs. Is everything else still running OK? If zimbra is still running OK I'd suggest having a look in bugzilla and mabe file a bug if you can't find anything about this.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    So you are saying that you created the account with three aliases and they are there but this error is on the logs. Is everything else still running OK? If zimbra is still running OK I'd suggest having a look in bugzilla and mabe file a bug if you can't find anything about this.
    Exactly, but the error was displayed in a message box that poped-up just after I clicked on "Finish", I did not check the logs. Which log should I check ?
    I'll search BugZilla for something similar.

If it's one of the zimbra pop-up boxes then did you 'send' the report or just close the box? If you sent it then I guess you won't need to file it in bugzilla although I've never seen that feedback system mentioned by any of the Zimbra team.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    If it's one of the zimbra pop-up boxes then did you 'send' the report or just close the box? If you sent it then I guess you won't need to file it in bugzilla although I've never seen that feedback system mentioned by any of the Zimbra team.
    I think there was no "send" option.
    I think I would have sent it otherwise... Sorry but I can't be sure about that.
    There is nothing in BugZilla though, and everything is working fine on my server.
    Do you think I should still file a bug report ?

Yes, I think it's always best to file a bug report. I know it's a bit of extra work for the zimbra guys but even if it's a duplicate they'll spot it and just close it.
    Regards

Bill

Thread Information