Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra not starting

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

See how you get on with starting LDAP, if there's any problems after that post again.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

FunkyPenguin is offline Special Member

Slightly confused Bill,

I've followed the steps, but no joy I wonder if it has anything to do with the re-ip that I did, as I've traweled through the logs, and it looks like it stop working around the time of the change.

The steps I took were pretty simple: select network device in YaST (same kind of thing as network configuration via setup in RedHat/Fedora) and changed the ip. Changed the ip in dns (same machine) and confirmed in /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network

Any other ideas?

Yes, changing the IP can cause you problems. Sorry, I missed that in your first post.

Can you check your DNS config files that they are definitely pointing to the new IP? Can you also check that resolve.conf is set correctly.
    Regards

Bill

Default Some prgress

OK, after working on getting Zimbra back up and running for the last 10hours solid, I'm a heck of a lot closer.

Just tried a restore and restart and got the following errors:

Code:
     zmcontrol start
    Host mail.forcev.net
            Starting ldap...Done.
            Starting antispam...Done.
            Starting antivirus...Done.
            Starting logger...Done.
            Starting mailbox...FAILED
    getService: sasl
    getService: webxml
    getService: perdition
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmtaconfigctl: line 42: /opt/zimbra/log/zmmtaconfig.log: Permission denied
    Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /opt/zimbra/db/data
    /opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat: line 72: /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/downloads/index.html: Permission denied
    /opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat: line 80: /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/downloads/index.html: Permission denied
    /opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat: line 80: /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/downloads/index.html: Permission denied
    /opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat: line 85: /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/downloads/index.html: Permission denied
    /opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat: line 124: /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/catalina.out: Permission denied

Starting mta...FAILED
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e content_filter='smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e myhostname='mail.forcev.net'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e recipient_delimiter=''
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e smtpd_sasl_auth_enable='yes'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e smtpd_tls_auth_only='yes'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e smtpd_use_tls='yes'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e disable_dns_lookups='no'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e message_size_limit='10240000'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e relayhost=''
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e smtpd_recipient_restrictions='reject_non_fqdn_recipient, permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_mynetworks, reject_invalid_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unauth_destination, permit'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e alias_maps='hash:/etc/aliases'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e broken_sasl_auth_clients='yes'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e command_directory='/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/sbin'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e daemon_directory='/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/libexec'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e header_checks='pcre:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e mailq_path='/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/sbin/mailq'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e manpage_directory='/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/man'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e newaliases_path='/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/sbin/newaliases'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e queue_directory='/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/spool'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e sender_canonical_maps='ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-scm.cf'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e sendmail_path='/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/sbin/sendmail'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e smtpd_client_restrictions='reject_unauth_pipelining'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e smtpd_data_restrictions='reject_unauth_pipelining'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e smtpd_helo_required='yes'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e smtpd_tls_cert_file='/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.crt'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e smtpd_tls_key_file='/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.key'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e smtpd_tls_loglevel='3'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e transport_maps='ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-transport.cf'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e version='2.2.9'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e virtual_alias_domains='ldap://opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-vad.cf'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e virtual_alias_maps='ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-vam.cf'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e virtual_mailbox_domains='ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-vmd.cf'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e virtual_mailbox_maps='ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-vmm.cf'
    DO: /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postconf -e virtual_transport='error'
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmtaconfigctl: line 42: /opt/zimbra/log/zmmtaconfig.log: Permission denied
    zmmtaconfigctl failed to start
    postmap: fatal: open /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks.db: Permission denied
    postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer/1: Permission denied
    postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer/1: Permission denied
    postfix failed to start

Starting snmp...Done.
            Starting spell...FAILED
    (13)Permission denied: httpd: could not open error log file /opt/zimbra/log/httpd_error.log.
    Unable to open logs
    Would I need to "chmod -R /opt/zimbra zimbra"?

You could stop the zimbra serveices and run zmfixperms as root.
    Regards

Bill

Bill,

zmfixperms seems to have cleaned most of it up, after starting the service all seems to work but it lies A zmcontrol status shows:

Code:
    zmcontrol status
    Host mail.forcev.net
            antispam                Stopped
                    zmamavisdctl is not running
            antivirus               Stopped
                    zmamavisdctl is not running
            ldap                    Running
            logger                  Running
            mailbox                 Stopped
                    tomcat is not running
            mta                     Running
            snmp                    Running
            spell                   Running
    Any idea?

EDIT:

I had a load of virgin processes for amavisd, which explained spam/av not working. After killing those off they now start, problem is tomcat refuses to start
    Last edited by FunkyPenguin; 08-30-2006 at 07:32 AM.

Default Tomcat failing

All services are now running with the exception of Tomcat When I run zmmailboxctl I get:

Code:
    A mysqld process already exists
    There are no other instance of MySQL running at the moment, and if I grep for mysqld I get:

Code:
    zimbra   13004     1  0 15:40 pts/1    00:00:00 /bin/sh /opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.logger.cnf --ledir=/opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/bin
    zimbra   13043 13004  0 15:40 pts/1    00:00:00 /opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/bin/mysqld --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.logger.cnf --basedir=/opt/zimbra/logger/mysql --datadir=/opt/zimbra/logger/db/data --pid-file=/opt/zimbra/logger/db/mysql.pid --skip-locking --port=7307 --socket=/opt/zimbra/logger/db/mysql.sock
    zimbra   13192     1  0 15:41 pts/1    00:00:00 /bin/sh /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf --ledir=/opt/zimbra/mysql/bin
    zimbra   13228 13192  0 15:41 pts/1    00:00:00 /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqld --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf --basedir=/opt/zimbra/mysql --datadir=/opt/zimbra/db/data --pid-file=/opt/zimbra/db/mysql.pid --skip-locking --port=7306 --socket=/opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock
    root     15433 32511  0 15:48 pts/0    00:00:00 grep mysqld
    What am I missing here?

I've rebooted my machine, and ALL services are now showing as running

But as I've learned today, not everything is rosey When I log into the Web UI I can't view any mail, when I do I get the following error:

Code:
    A network service error has occured

msg - system failure: missing blob for id: 6962, change: 9459
    com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: system failure: missing blob for id: 6962, change: 9459
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:131)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.getBlob(MailItem.java:684)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.fetchFromStore(MessageCache.java:213)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.getMimeMessage(MessageCache.java:179)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Message.getMimeMessage(Message.java:280)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ToXML.encodeMessageAsMP(ToXML.java:477)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.GetMsg.handle(GetMsg.java:84)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:255)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:163)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:84)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:228)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:154)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:541)
    	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

code - service.FAILURE
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - soap:Receiver
    I have zero understanding of Java and Tomcat so any help would be appreciated.

Not wanting to flood this thread but.....

As a result of the previous error no messages are being delivered, they are all in a deffered status. When I check zimbra.log I am peppered with the following error:

Code:
    451 4.0.0 Temporary message delivery failure try again (in reply to end of DATA command)
    I've checked this thread , and no joy The que has grown now to over 100 messages, and I can't work out how to clear it.

tbullock is offline Advanced Member

What are the details in the /var/log/zimbra.log ?

It should give specifics on why it is not working.

Do you have a MX record that resolves to your Zimbra machine?

What does your hosts file look like after your rebuild?
    Cheers,

Travis

"Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"
    -Flight Control, Apollo 13

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information