Thread: DSPAM Training Times Out

shnook is offline Member

Default DSPAM Training Times Out

Hi,

We recently enabled DSPAM in Zimbra, but just noticed, that when running a manual zmtrainsa, the SpamAssassin trains just fine, but then we get this -
    20091026013342 Finished spamassassin spam training for user@domain.com using folder junk
    20091026013342 Starting dspam spam training for user@domain.com using folder junk

And it just hangs at this point for as long as we let it.
    No confirmation or anything else is printed, and there does not seem to be anything in the logs regarding this.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thank you.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by shnook View Post
    Hi,

We recently enabled DSPAM in Zimbra, but just noticed, that when running a manual zmtrainsa, the SpamAssassin trains just fine, but then we get this -
    20091026013342 Finished spamassassin spam training for user@domain.com using folder junk
    20091026013342 Starting dspam spam training for user@domain.com using folder junk

And it just hangs at this point for as long as we let it.
    No confirmation or anything else is printed, and there does not seem to be anything in the logs regarding this.
    Why are you actually doing this on the Junk folder? I notice in another thread that you've made changes to the config files for amavis & DSPAM, you shouldn't need to do that for 6.0.2 as the training works OK as it's set-up.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

shnook is offline Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

The reason I am running it was because I imported a large mailbox that was filled with spam, I wanted to actually see how it trains (if it is working.).

Regarding the configs, in the thread there was a discussion regarding an error 'no such feature: chained'. I was having that problem, and the way I took care of it was by changing the configs.
    (looking in the dspam.conf, i saw a reference to chain, not chained, so I figured that has to be changed in the amavis.conf. And in the zmtrainsa script, it had a line --feature=chained, whereas in the amavis script it said --tokenizer=chained, so I figured zmtrainsa should be changed as well.)

As it was, even before the error, our whole AS/AV broke after upgrade so no mails were going in or out, so I guess it's safe to say that in this particular case, something wasn't working in 6.0.2.

My main worry here, is that if zmtrainsa is running on a cron job and not ending, I will end up with a whole bunch of stuck processes that could affect the machine.

Thanks again.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Well, I've installed a clean Zimbra 6.x and upgraded a 5.x that's been installed since Zimbra was released and not had any problem with the DSPAM scripts so I don't understand why yours needed tweaking.

The only thing that should be done (AFAIK) is to set the ownership on the dspam-3.x folders to zimbra:zimbra or run the zmfixperms script. Anyway, you can test zmtrainsa by just running it from the command line as the zimbra user and it should run and terminate normally and you can also check the log file to see whether the cron job ran and ended.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

shnook is offline Member

I switched permission to zimbra ownership, and zmfixperms switches it right back...
    Apparently my upgrade did not go as smoothly as yours.

I just went and disabled Dspam.

Thanks for all your help.

imx
    imx is offline Special Member

I second the possible bug with it hanging when running against a specific mail user/folder.

Restart amavisd after hacking the config file, zimbra seems to set it right back?! I.e changing to chain, rather than chained.

Phoenix, can you confirm you can run against a specific user/folder?

Thread Information