Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Contacts Duplicated after upgrade from 5.0.19 to 6.0.2

tikal is offline Senior Member

Default [SOLVED] Contacts Duplicated after upgrade from 5.0.19 to 6.0.2

Duplicate contacts were created in address books after upgrading to 6.0.2. Has anyone else experienced this? What is the best route to take now? Contact cleaner zimlet? Get or contribute Zimlets, UI themes, and languages in the Zimbra Gallery - Contact Cleaner

Is it compatible with 6.0? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

tikal is offline Senior Member

Anyone? Bueller? So I tried the contact cleaner zimlet. It found the duplicate contacts as described, but it did not remove any duplicate contacts after I hit the ok to proceed button. Is this zimlet compatible with 6.0? Thanks in advance.

ddebiase is offline Member

Default Same here

We just upgraded here and are seeing the same problem. 10+ duplicates in a shared contact list.

It looks like the bug is known:

Bug 41920 – Duplicates returned in contact search

Rich Graves is offline Outstanding Member

Hmm, I don't see that on our test system, with either small or large shared addressbooks. Forked from production as 5.0.19, upgraded to 6.0.1 and then 6.0.2.

Bugzilla comment is "The duplicates are coming from some weird interaction of the cursoring code and the new locale-based-sorting that is happening." I'm using a default US locale. Are you folks not?

lk2oo3 is offline Intermediate Member

hi all,
    well me too have duplicated contact problem:
    if it could help developers, i may say that
    1. in alphabetical order, number of duplicated contacts decrease from A to Z (all A contacts have 4 duplicates, Z have no duplicated elements)
    2. admin shared contacts have no duplicates
    3. the problem begins after zimbra OSE upgrade from 6.01 to 6.02 ver, on ubuntu 8.04 lts server
    4. my locale is .it

bye, luca.

Zoltan67 is offline Senior Member

Same problem here. A user with 2165 contacts shares his address book with his assistant, but she sees every contact multiple times. But there is a difference: the number of dupes... for the first contacts (letter A), we can see each contact 22 times... for letter C, one contact is more than 100 times, and after that, the loading time was way too long to test.

I tried to share the address book with myself, same problem. A colleague then shared his address book with me, no duplicate problem... So it seems like it is not global, but restricted to a few users (which ones, I don't know, I'll make some other tests).

Our locale is fr.

Thanks !

Zoltan67 is offline Senior Member

Ok, just tried to share another address book, from a user with 2464 contacts, and we have the same problem... is it related with the size of the address book ?

Another with 1104 contacts, I'm trying to find the "limit" which causes this bug to occur...

Also troubles with 578 contacts...
    Last edited by Zoltan67; 11-02-2009 at 06:42 AM.

liveaverage is offline Active Member

Default Same problem here on 6.02 and Ubuntu 8.04 LTS 64-bit...

We're also experiencing this problem following an upgrade from Zimbra 5.0.10 to 6.0.2 on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS 64-bit (zcs-6.0.2_GA_1912.UBUNTU8_64.200910201516200). A shared address book with 1036 entries yields duplicate results. A test [shared] address book with <20 addresses yields normal, expected results. I can also attest to the problem about abnormal CPU usage that occurs when duplicate contact entries are displayed. Load average jumps from about 0.20 to 1.20+ when accessing the shared address book with 1036 entries.

I see the bug severity level was bumped to "Critical," so I'm praying for a patch or fix release soon In the interim, I exported the host account's address book to a CSV file and made it available to users requiring it (not a lot of them, but enough to be inconvenienced). Unfortunately, this will create an unnecessary amount of duplicate information on the server, but it's better than angry users.

lunix is offline New Member

hello all,

I have the same problem, and I share an Address Book of 700 Contants to 20 people !! As you can imagine the sitiation is ... awfull, because none of them can work ..

Rich Graves is offline Outstanding Member

Per a comment above, changing all contacts shares from view-only to full admin grants might addresss the problem now. 6.0.3 is supposed to address this and a ssl protocol vulnerability any day now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information