Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] 6.0.2 is out.. CardDAV on Snow Leopard update?

chewitt is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] 6.0.2 is out.. CardDAV on Snow Leopard update?

6.0.2 is out with support for CardDAV which I know Mac/Zimbra people are waiting eagerly for so they can start syncing contacts between Address Book.app and their Zimbra servers. However, the bugzilla notes contain the following statement from Jong Yoon Lee:

The current version of Snow Leopard Address Book app does not work on any CardDAV server other than Apple's. Zimbra will have CardDAV and Address Book app support by 6.0.2. Apple will release a patch for Address Book app that supports Zimbra and other 3rd party CardDAV server, but we don't know when.
    I can confirm that OSX 10.6.1 and ZCS 6.0.2 don't talk - Address Book.app can't add my Zimbra account. Is there any further information or rumour on when Apple might do their end of the bargain? ..can I ask how you've tested CardDAV support (e.g. is there anything user-hackable on the OSX end that makes this work?)

Christian

ewilen is offline Moderator

Well, iPhone 3 (maybe 3.1) can do CardDAV, too, and maybe it doesn't have the same issues as Address Book.app. So maybe you can test that. (I will do so after upgrading Zimbra.)

friedmar is offline Loyal Member

Sorry,

on my iPhone 3.1.2 (German T-Mobile) there is no CardDAV for contacts - only LDAP. But perhaps I have not found the correct option.

ewilen is offline Moderator

Sorry, my mistake. Somehow I'd convinced myself it was there, but it's not.

If you want to test with other CardDAV clients you could try ZideOne or some of the others listed at CardDAV Clients

Hmm... not much to be had there for a Mac user. It would be nice to get some comment from the developers - I'd like to understand exactly what's broken on the Apple side.

OSX 10.6.2 is out with no apparent changes to CardDAV support. I still see the following in the console (anonymised) when trying to add a CardDAV account:

Code:
    10/11/2009 08:22:17	Address Book[232]	[ABSPlugin-ERROR] 'Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1003 UserInfo=0x171dc5b0 "A server with the specified hostname could not be found." Underlying Error=(Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=-1003 UserInfo=0x171dbed0 "A server with the specified hostname could not be found.")' during operation: Sending HTTP request: HTTP Request: PROPFIND https://user@domain.tld@my.zimbra.server:8843/↵     Headers: {↵    Depth = 0;↵}↵        Body: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>↵<D:propfind xmlns:D="DAV:" xmlns:C="DAV:">↵<D:prop>↵<C:current-user-principal/>↵</D:prop>↵</D:propfind>↵↵
    I've read the SL admin docs for Apple's CardDAV server app and port 8843 is used by Apple's CardDAV server implementation so one mismatch is caused by Zimbra not using the same. Adding :443 to the end of the server hostname box in the AB.app client appears to make it query the correct port on my server but the rest of the logged error message remains the same and account details aren't retrieved. Even if you press on and create the CardDAV account no amount of other fiddling appears to work, but them I'm simply making SWAG so I'm not overly surprised.

Again, it would be really nice to get some feedback from Zimbra Engineering on what their description of the problem is, what they know about Apple's plans *AND* what Apple bug numbers have been filed so that those in the community who are interested can express our support for Apple addressing them (pun intended)

Christian

alchemy is offline Starter Member

any updates on this?

I did some networking and found someone who commented that it looked like the bug has been analysed and fixed, but they weren't able to comment on the release vehicle it will appear in. My fingers are crossed for 10.6.3 as it's been a while since Zimbra reported it, but there's no guarantee.

k3rmit is offline Intermediate Member

any news on this? I've been waiting for sooo long for this feature. 6.0.5 is out and it still doesn't work.

I read in the post that it may have to do with CardDAV support by apple, is there any engineer in Zimbra willing do shed some light on the matter?

stiller is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Default 10.6.3

Just upgraded to 10.6.3 and immediately tested carddav.
    Using only username (without @domain.tld, this is on the primary domain, so it works), password and server as https://domain.tld:443, Address Book accepts the settings and generates no errors at all. Still my existing contacts don't show and added contacts are not present in Zimbra. So it seems we went from an obvious error to a silent one.

Has anybody had more luck? This would be a great feature if it worked.
    Snelbij | Uw informatie ter beschikking.
    https://www.snelbij.nl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information