Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 1 domain + 1 Alias, replying address always primary account :(

  1. #1
    netearth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    8

    Default 1 domain + 1 Alias, replying address always primary account :(

    Hi all,

    I did a quick google and a specific thread search to no avail :'(

    We have 1 Account / Primary domain, and around 8 or so Alias domains, setup the extra domains as normal domains, and added Aliases to the primary account holders, so for instance :

    domain aaa.com setup
    domain bbb.com setup

    User account
    primary email :bob@aaa.com
    alias email : info@bbb.com

    If I send email to either address, it gets to the users account no problem at all. If I reply to the the email that went to primary bob@aaa.com, its "reply from" is correct; bob@aaa.com. However if I reply to an email sent to info@bbb.com, rather than replying from info@bbb.com, its reply from address is the primary account; bob@aaa.com

    I am running the latest down of V6

    Any thoughts, its probably something i have done, or not done as the case maybe :P

    If there is a better way to have 1 account wih multiple email address/aliases, then please throw me a bone

    One last question, I assume BB will only work in push mode with the paid versions of Zimbra and BB Mobile, unless I use it in IMAP mode?

    Thanks,
    Chris

  2. #2
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,201
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by netearth View Post
    If there is a better way to have 1 account wih multiple email address/aliases, then please throw me a bone
    Have a look in your User Preferences/Accounts for Persona settings.

    Quote Originally Posted by netearth View Post
    One last question, I assume BB will only work in push mode with the paid versions of Zimbra and BB Mobile, unless I use it in IMAP mode?
    Yes, that's correct. You could always use Funambol (search the forums) if you wanted o sync contacts etc.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    netearth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Hi Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Have a look in your User Preferences/Accounts for Persona settings.
    I had a quick look, logged in as user, click Preferences >> Accounts, then double clicked the Persona that is the info@bbb.com.

    You were correct, initially the "from" dropdown had the primary address, so I pressed the down, and selected the Persona address - saved.

    Hit reply to an email that came into info@bbb.com, noticed the address dropdown on the right hand side in the reply email box was set to Primary account still, rather than info@bbb.com. Sent the email anyway, still the same.

    Went back to prefs >> accounts >> the persona info@bbb.com, and also noticed a "Reply-to:
    Set the "Reply-to" field of email messages to:", and manually set this to be the info@bbb.com etc, saved, went back and hit reply, again account is set to Primary Account, and when i do send an email, the recipient has the reply to and from as bob@aaa.com, rather than info@bbbc.com -- nooooooo :'(

    Yes, that's correct. You could always use Funambol (search the forums) if you wanted o sync contacts etc.
    Thought so, I am only interested in the emil side at th mo, so ill set the bb on IMAP.

    Thanks,
    Chris

  4. #4
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,201
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by netearth View Post
    Hit reply to an email that came into info@bbb.com, noticed the address dropdown on the right hand side in the reply email box was set to Primary account still, rather than info@bbb.com. Sent the email anyway, still the same.
    You can set the persona that is used for a specific account in the persona setting by scrolling down and setting: "Use this persona: When replying or forwarding messages sent to:"

    Quote Originally Posted by netearth View Post
    Set the "Reply-to" field of email messages to:", and manually set this to be the info@bbb.com etc, saved, went back and hit reply, again account is set to Primary Account, and when i do send an email, the recipient has the reply to and from as bob@aaa.com, rather than info@bbbc.com -- nooooooo :'(
    Well, this works for me. If I send an email to any of my aliases or the primary account I can reply with a different persona and it will have the 'reply to' & 'from' set to any of the other aliases (or the primary account info) that I choose.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    netearth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Well, this works for me. If I send an email to any of my aliases or the primary account I can reply with a different persona and it will have the 'reply to' & 'from' set to any of the other aliases (or the primary account info) that I choose.
    Hi Bill,

    Quick Q, do you have to manually select it in the webmailgui or is it automatically set to the "pesona" for you, ie. someone has sent you an email to your persona bill@bill.com, you hit reply and the Account box is already showing Bill@bill.com?

    Thanks,
    Chris

  6. #6
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,201
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by netearth View Post
    Quick Q, do you have to manually select it in the webmailgui or is it automatically set to the "pesona" for you, ie. someone has sent you an email to your persona bill@bill.com, you hit reply and the Account box is already showing Bill@bill.com?
    If you use the "Use this persona: When replying or forwarding messages sent to:" setting then the persona is automatically set when you hit reply otherwise you can manually select another persona.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  7. #7
    netearth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If you use the "Use this persona: When replying or forwarding messages sent to:" setting then the persona is automatically set when you hit reply otherwise you can manually select another persona.
    Bill,

    Told you it was me

    The settings at the very bottom are the ones to set of the account : persona page

    Sorted!

    This should be the same for using IMAP remotely I assume, which means my BB will be absolutely perfect

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Auto-reply not working with a domain alias
    By SuperBeaker in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 01:39 PM
  2. Domain alias not listed in webadmin
    By edika in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 03:23 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 06:26 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 12:15 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 11:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •