Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: [SOLVED] Zmsetservername choking on ldap database

  1. #1
    Emmanuel Kasper is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    5

    Default [SOLVED] Zmsetservername choking on ldap database

    Hello
    I am trying to rename a Zimbra installation from "zimbra" to "zimbra.openforce.com" using the zmsetservername command. I want to have a FQDN zmhostname to make amavis and friends happy.
    Unfortunately it seems that the command has some problem with the ldap database.
    The output of zmsetservername ends with:

    adding new entry "uid=zimbra.openforce.com,cn=admins,cn=zimbra.open force.com"

    ldapadd: Invalid syntax (21)
    additional info: objectClass: value #0 invalid per syntax
    adding new entry "cn=zimbra.openforce.com"

    adding new entry "uid=zimbra.openforce.com,cn=admins,cn=zimbra.open force.com"


    When I restart zimbra, all processes start fine, exect the mailbox daemon. Looking at /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log I see

    2009-10-06 17:27:53,317 FATAL [main] [] system - Could not find an LDAP entry fo
    r server 'zimbra.openforce.com'


    I had a look at the content of the ldap database, but well there quite a few with the string zimbra inside ...
    Which one do I have to change to make the mailbox server happy ?

  2. #2
    ArcaneMagus's Avatar
    ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I believe it is looking for an entry like "cn=zimbra.openforce.com,cn=servers,cn=zimbra" in LDAP. What entries exist currently under "cn=servers,cn=zimbra" ?

  3. #3
    dalmate is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    6

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel Kasper View Post
    Hello
    I am trying to rename a Zimbra installation from "zimbra" to "zimbra.openforce.com" using the zmsetservername command. I want to have a FQDN zmhostname to make amavis and friends happy.
    Unfortunately it seems that the command has some problem with the ldap database.
    The output of zmsetservername ends with:

    adding new entry "uid=zimbra.openforce.com,cn=admins,cn=zimbra.open force.com"

    ldapadd: Invalid syntax (21)
    additional info: objectClass: value #0 invalid per syntax
    adding new entry "cn=zimbra.openforce.com"

    adding new entry "uid=zimbra.openforce.com,cn=admins,cn=zimbra.open force.com"


    When I restart zimbra, all processes start fine, exect the mailbox daemon. Looking at /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log I see

    2009-10-06 17:27:53,317 FATAL [main] [] system - Could not find an LDAP entry fo
    r server 'zimbra.openforce.com'


    I had a look at the content of the ldap database, but well there quite a few with the string zimbra inside ...
    Which one do I have to change to make the mailbox server happy ?
    we are the same
    When I try:
    ZmSetServerName -n my.domain.com
    to change my server name, every thing is ok, except:
    when I start server, it says that can't start ldap service

  4. #4
    Emmanuel Kasper is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    @dalmate: we have a different problem
    On my setup, after using ZmSetServerName, the ldap database is starting properly, only I miss some content.
    Please have a look at LDAP - Zimbra :: Wiki and open a different thread if <our database does not start.

  5. #5
    Emmanuel Kasper is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    @ArcaneMagus

    indeed i miss a server entry below "cn=servers,cn=zimbra"

    original status, on the productiver server

    Code:
    grep cn=server /tmp/ldap.ldif 
    dn: cn=servers,cn=zimbra
    dn: cn=zimbra,cn=servers,cn=zimbra
    after zmsetservername. on the test server
    Code:
    grep "cn=servers" /tmp/ldap.ldif
    dn: cn=servers,cn=zimbra
    hum this missing ldap entry contains quite a lot of information actually. Should I try to copy it from the original ldif ? Looks like a scary thing to do.

  6. #6
    ArcaneMagus's Avatar
    ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Well... it is a test server so if something screws up you can revert it, not sure how that whole entry disappeared but it is necessary because as you said, it contains a lot of information...

  7. #7
    Emmanuel Kasper is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    So i added the missing ldap entry ( copied from the ldap tree before running zmsetservername ) on both test and production servers and it worked. the mailbox daemon start und works !

  8. #8
    ArcaneMagus's Avatar
    ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Glad to hear that worked for you, still is rather bizarre that it disappeared in the first place.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 03:44 PM
  2. LDAP Cannot bind on migration to new server
    By neekster in forum Migration
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 02:08 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 05:18 AM
  4. change ldap database
    By Grejao in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 08:39 AM
  5. 3 testing: LDAP: 389 Failed when restore zimbra
    By victorLeong in forum Administrators
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 06:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •