Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: [SOLVED] ZMBLOBCHK Issues

  1. #1
    lwinstead is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    6

    Default [SOLVED] ZMBLOBCHK Issues

    Release 6.0.1_GA_1816.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition.

    I just upgraded from 5.0.19, and the upgrade appeared to install perfectly well, with no errors or problems. Right after the upgrade, I logged into the web portal as myself (lawrence.winstead) and clicked on an e-mail, only to have an error message appear telling me NO_SUCH_BLOB. I searched on here and finally found reference to running zmblobchk. So I ran it. It finds 215 inconsistencies. So then I read something else that indicated I should re-index my accounts. I did that through the admin web portal on the few accounts we have active (kind of a test install). After that, I can log into the web portal as myself and read/delete e-mails just fine, without any error message or warning or whatever.

    Yet, whenever I run the zmblobchk command, I still get the report showing 215 inconsistencies. How can I FIX them? I'm still learning Zimbra, so forgive me if I'm missed something. I just don't know what to DO with those inconsistencies, or what they mean.

    I've attached the log of the zmblobchk command for anyone to check out. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    lwinstead is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    6

    Default You know the old saying...

    If you want something done right, do it yourself. (I have no doubt some of you were thinking that when you read this post)

    Even though I said I looked and looked, I looked again and realized that I COULD fix this myself if I just stopped to really understand what was going on. It turns out that if I just delete the messages (blobs?) in the message store (currently sitting on a NAS server) that don't have corresponding metadata records, and then delete the metadata records for those mail items that don't have the corresponding files, my current trouble is solved. In other words, zmblobchk finds no inconsistencies. I guess I'm cured?

    Unfortunately, that doesn't at all help me understand why this started happening. Thank goodness this is a test server and not a production server. Maybe one day I'll figure this out. *sigh*

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 5.0.10 Connector Issues
    By akertis in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 07:42 AM
  2. Couple of Issues with Web Client
    By soxfan in forum Users
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 01:58 PM
  3. Source Access Issues
    By jholder in forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 08:54 PM
  4. Exchange 2003 Migration Issues
    By JordanPWilliams in forum Migration
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •