Thread: [SOLVED] ZMBLOBCHK Issues

lwinstead is offline Intermediate Member

Default [SOLVED] ZMBLOBCHK Issues

Release 6.0.1_GA_1816.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition.

I just upgraded from 5.0.19, and the upgrade appeared to install perfectly well, with no errors or problems. Right after the upgrade, I logged into the web portal as myself (lawrence.winstead) and clicked on an e-mail, only to have an error message appear telling me NO_SUCH_BLOB. I searched on here and finally found reference to running zmblobchk. So I ran it. It finds 215 inconsistencies. So then I read something else that indicated I should re-index my accounts. I did that through the admin web portal on the few accounts we have active (kind of a test install). After that, I can log into the web portal as myself and read/delete e-mails just fine, without any error message or warning or whatever.

Yet, whenever I run the zmblobchk command, I still get the report showing 215 inconsistencies. How can I FIX them? I'm still learning Zimbra, so forgive me if I'm missed something. I just don't know what to DO with those inconsistencies, or what they mean.

I've attached the log of the zmblobchk command for anyone to check out. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

lwinstead is offline Intermediate Member

Default You know the old saying...

If you want something done right, do it yourself. (I have no doubt some of you were thinking that when you read this post)

Even though I said I looked and looked, I looked again and realized that I COULD fix this myself if I just stopped to really understand what was going on. It turns out that if I just delete the messages (blobs?) in the message store (currently sitting on a NAS server) that don't have corresponding metadata records, and then delete the metadata records for those mail items that don't have the corresponding files, my current trouble is solved. In other words, zmblobchk finds no inconsistencies. I guess I'm cured?

Unfortunately, that doesn't at all help me understand why this started happening. Thank goodness this is a test server and not a production server. Maybe one day I'll figure this out. *sigh*

Thread Information