Thread: Rebranding - Changing Logos, what I know and what I need help with

ckeller98 is offline New Member

Default Rebranding - Changing Logos, what I know and what I need help with

I'm new to Zimbra. I come from a Domino world. I'm also new to Linux. The current relase of Zimbra we are using is 5.0.15_GA_2921 and we're using Red Hat Linux, not sure which version.

What I have successfully changes Logo wise, is the Login Banner, the App Banner and the URL redirection to go to our corporate website. The banners work for the regular user login, but the Administration Console login did not change.

I created a subdirectory in the skins directory
    webapps/aimbra/skins/logos/

The two files, logo450-100loginbanner.png and logo120-35appbanner.png are both located here.

What I haven't been able to update are the Client Desktop logos or as stated above the Administration Console logos.

Before I started mucking with things I think someone attemped something and two of the themes have a logo subdirectory and the appbanner file there is our logo. From what I can tell my logos override those logos, except in the instances of the Yahoo and Zimbra themes. The Yahoo and Zimbra themes have their original logo directory and files, but when I change the server browser preference to one of those things the Yahoo client show's two of our company local in the small space and Zimbra gets really funky, it shows 4 of the logos a little further down the screen hear the top of the navigator.

I need help with what to update to change the Administration Console logo, how do I push the logo's to user desktop and if you know what's causing the logo funkyness and how to fix the funkyness in the Yahoo and Zimbra themes.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ckeller98 View Post
    I'm new to Zimbra. I come from a Domino world. I'm also new to Linux. The current relase of Zimbra we are using is 5.0.15_GA_2921 and we're using Red Hat Linux, not sure which version
    Is this the Network Edition of Open Source version of Zimbra that you're using?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Network version

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you read the details in this article: ZWC 5.0 Themes
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yes, I've read the ZWC 5.0 Themes and a number of responses in this forum. there was one thread in particular that I thought documented best how to do the loginbanner and the appbanner. So that's why I've been able to change the login and app banners. Supposedly these are also supposed to affect the admin console, but they didn't. With regards to the desktop client information the answer may or may not be redeploying all the themes. If redeploying all the themes is what I have to do then I guess I need to put a logo's directory to all the themes, which seems inefficient, especially if I'm going to be managing mulitiple domains.

iway is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

The admin skins are in /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbraAdmin/...

Default Update to my attempt at rebranding

Whatever I did on Friday disappeared today and I haven't been able to get it back. There is no brand on the Login or App areas. Zimbra is still in the Admin Console and I still don't know what to do about the themes.

I've created a subdirectory logos and put the login and app png files in there.

zimbra/skins/logos

I copied my log files into the subdirectories
    _base\logos\
    _base\logos\ZimbraInside

I also create the same directory and copied the same log files into the same locations in the ZimbraAdmin directory structure

I also copied the logos directory into the Lemongrass skin

What I'm doing.

1. As the Zimbra user, to change the URL link, type the following
    zmprov modifyDomain <domain> <zimbraSkinLogoURL>[http://
    urlexample.com]

I type:
    zmprov md zimbra-amer-41.ignlab.amer.csc.com zimbraSkinLoginURL COMPANY.com

2. To change the logo that displays on the login and splash screens, type
    zmprov modifyDomain <domain> <zimbraSkinLogoLoginBanner>[/
    zimbra/loginlogo_name.png]

I type:
    zmprov md zimbra-amer-41.ignlab.amer.csc.com zimbraSkinLogoLoginBanner zimbra/skins/logos/logo450-100loginbanner.png

3. To change the logo that displays on ZWC main page, type
    zmprov modifyDomain <domain> <zimbraSkinLogoAppBanner>[/
    zimbra/bannerlogo_name.png]

I type:
    zmprov md zimbra-amer-41.ignlab.amer.csc.com zimbraSkinLogoAppBanner zimbra/skins/logos/csclogo120-35appbanner.png

I type:

zmcontrol stop
    zmcontrol start
    ====

I also did the steps 2 and 3 above, but used the zimbraAdmin directory instead of zimbra.

Just for giggles I also performed the
    Deploying from a Pre-Packaged Binary Distribution

1. Open a terminal or dos window.
    2. Log in as the Zimbra user:
    su - zimbra
    3. Tell the server about the new theme:
    zmprov mcf +zimbraInstalledSkin themeName (replacing themeName with Lemongrass)
    4. Restart the server:
    zmcontrol stop
    zmcontrol start
    And you're done! You should now be able to log in and switch to the new theme in the Options screen.

No change.

I've also found the command:

zmprov flushCache skin

and gave that a whirl.

No change.

What am I missing

Thread Information