Thread: [SOLVED] 6.0.1 problem DB Version Mismatch

serivo is offline OpenSource Builder

Default [SOLVED] 6.0.1 problem DB Version Mismatch

Hi all,
    we were testing zimbra-6.0.1 NE before upgrade. We have copied zimbra-5.0.9 which are working now to a separate machine, and then performed upgrade to 6.0.1. After that it worked well for a week or so, and passed first test.

Second test phase involved some of users to try to connect to it with different mobile devices. At this point we need correct certificates, reflecting different host name. I have generated certificate with SubjectAltNames, to match the name of the host it is now running. in addition to the servername which was not changed when copying to test server was done. (the server uses it's local DNS to fake it's hostname to be the same as that of the production zimbra server)

After doing this, when restarted zimbra mailbox, I encountered 2 problems. one was with error in config file.,
    --- from log/zmmailboxd.out:
    798 WARN [main] log - Config error at <Set name="useDirectBuffers"/>
    798 WARN [main] log - Config error at <Call name="addConnector"><Arg>
    ---
    It was resolved by "zmprov -l mcf zimbraMailUseDirectBuffers TRUE"
    The second problem I can't resolve:
    --- from log/mailbox.log:
    2009-09-25 11:03:23,655 ERROR [main] [] Versions - DB Version Mismatch: ours="63" from DB="52"
    2009-09-25 11:03:23,655 FATAL [main] [] system - Data version mismatch. Reinitialize or upgrade the backend data store.
    ---
    Please, help.
    --
    Sergey Ivanov

serivo is offline OpenSource Builder

Default resolved

I'm not sure what caused this problem.
    I can thing of 2 possible sources:
    1 - it's some kind of data copying from the main server to this copy we are testing upgrade, which arrived later than upgrade was done;
    2 - restoring by zmrestore or web interface caused rollback of mysql db including zimbra.config table.

But this problem were pretty easy, although time consuming process, to resolve, looking at /opt/zimbra/libexec/* scripts, finding the scripts which increase zimbra.config's db.version, and running corresponding sql updates, sometimes on all mailboxgroups, in cycle.

I will try to test if zmrestore can rollback database scheme called with some parameters, but later. For now the problem is fixed and we will test zcs-6.0.1 to determine if we are ready for upgrade on the production server.
    --
    Sergey

liveaverage is offline Active Member

Default Details?

Hi Serivo,

Did you have any additional details on how you solved your problem related to the following error(s):

Code:
    2009-10-20 14:15:06,564 INFO  [main] [] sqltrace - Setting slow SQL threshold to 2000ms.
    2009-10-20 14:15:06,613 ERROR [main] [] Versions - DB Version Mismatch: ours="63" from DB="53"
    2009-10-20 14:15:06,613 FATAL [main] [] system - Data version mismatch.  Reinitialize or upgrade the backend data store.
    I've been trying to figure this one out, too Thanks for any assistance!

Filly is offline Junior Member

why is this problem SOLVED ? i cannot find any solution for this problem. SO what is the Solution????

y@w
    y@w is offline Moderator

When others run into this, an "upgrade" with the same version (or a real upgrade I suppose) fixes it.

Filly is offline Junior Member

it didn't for me, tried it a few times. zmmailboxdctl is not running.

the only error i found was the same liveaverage had :

2010-09-15 11:36:15,771 ERROR [main] [] Versions - DB Version Mismatch: ours="64" from DB="63"
    2010-09-15 11:36:15,771 FATAL [main] [] system - Data version mismatch. Reinitialize or upgrade the backend data store.

Thread Information