Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invalid request: Folder location conflict: /Inbox

micronaet is offline Member

Default Invalid request: Folder location conflict: /Inbox

Hi,
    after update to 6.01 I add a new account in my Preferences / Accounts, I set up the parameter: "download messages in" checking "inbox" radio button, I had yet 3 account that download mail in inbox (I don't use a dedicated folder).
    This operation doesn't have problems in 5.18 version (and with account created before) now I have the error in title, anything is changing with new version?
    (I don't want use the rule "one account - one folder" because with one click I download all accounts, instead of: click folder - download, change folder - download)

Ingers is offline Starter Member

Has anyone had any ideas on this? I'm experiencing it too....

I do this configuration for workarround, waiting a tech answer:
    - Install fetchmail on my Zimbra server
    - Use a txt file (I can send you an example if you don't find it in Zimbra forums) with the pop3 I want to fetch, and the indication of with client where re-route mails
    - Add Cron job to launch fetch every 5 minutes.
    - Cancel account profile in ZWC and substitute with personality (so I can send mail) << usefull also for Zimbra desktop (I create only Zimbra client)

All this for get mail every 5 minutes in inbox, permit to send mail with that account and fetch all extra account I want to download in inbox every 5 minutes (Automatic Send/receive works for Zimbra account and not extra account in ZWC), I have only a defect: txt files with clear POP3 passwords (but you can set privileges on it).
    The Sleeping Beagle

vbilly is offline Starter Member

Did you ever get an answer from tech support on this issue?

This is a big problem for us.

No I don't, the same with 6 / 7 other problems. With this issue I workarround with fetchmail but it isn't a solution...
    The Sleeping Beagle

Snille is offline Starter Member

Hi micronaet!
    I have been searching a bit in the forum for this (and some other things related to this). Do you have any good config files/guides/forum threads that I can follow, and have you tested to pop a hotmail account(s)?

Even if you didn't test it on Hotmail, I'm still interested in some config files and maybe some light instructions...
    I'm a Zimbra newbe but not Linux newbe..

psgandalf is offline Active Member

I also have the same problem. I opened a Bugzilla ticket.
    Bug 42991 &ndash; Invalid request: Folder location conflict: /Inbox

//Mike

mmorse is offline Moderator

Ok, so that 'folder location conflict on /Inbox' error is probably due to Bug 40033 - Disallow multiple data sources against the same folder as discussed in Bug 42690 - External POP account cannot download emails to Inbox for more than one account re a duplicate key problem mentioned in Bug 39633 - Error message is displayed when 'Get External Mail' button is clicked after changing the account name for the added comcast.net account.

(BTW before I ramble further, it sounds like most of you here will also be interested in setting something like: zmprov mc COSname zimbraDataSourcePop3PollingInterval 45m.)

~

Obviously there's a strong desire to have the ability to combine account into one inbox - whether using a mobile device that can only do one location, or just suffering from 'too many accounts overload'. (ie: Stick items in the main /Inbox like you 'could' with pop in ZCS 5.0) ZD 2.0 will actually use a virtual global inbox via a special search that can be turned on or off (the accounts data/datasources aren't really in one folder - technically folders are just metadata groupings in the DB anyways). Bug 30869 - Aggregated Inbox

For ZCS, external IMAP/POP accounts are/were more like one-way aggregation (storing into your Zimbra account) rather than a true sync client. (Thus POP behaved pretty much as expected in terms of 'leave on server/remove' while IMAP moves, deletes syncing upwards were another matter.) Seen some other RFE's on this besides Bug 30716 - manage external IMAP folder subscriptions but don't remember where, and I must confess I haven't played with them much lately to see if some of this has changed, so I'll have to test everything before filing RFE's. There's also a demand for 'backporting' ZD's easy special account configuration; from mapped folder names to the ability to connect to regular Yahoo accounts via IMAP rather than just the POP provided in Y! plus accounts. Repeat for other special mail/calendar/contacts cases like Exchange/Gmail/AOL/MobileMe/Hotmail. Bug 33886 - IMAP/POP account aggregation setup should be simpler doesn't quite encompass all of what's needed for this to happen it's more about using Bug 18870 - Prepopulate some pop/imap accounts combined with all the new stuff we've developed since, but I've mentioned it there/dependency linked it for now.

We did implement a 'reload all rss feeds' so we could do the same to solve micronaet's desire not to have to click 'get mail' on each POP account. Someone check latest/bugzilla/file a new enhancement request.

If your not a fan of setting up fetchmail on everyone, we actually have polling built-in, to enable on one datasource:
    zmprov gds user@domain.com
    zmprov mds user@domain.com [external IMAP/POP account data source name] zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval 45m
    Previously zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval could be set on account/COS and contrary to Bug 33151 - data polling interval inheritance issue actually did inherit, but just didn't show it in zmprov provisioning output.

As of 6.0.0 per Bug 34104 - Cleanup data source polling interval attributes we switched to separate attributes zimbraDataSource[Protocol]PollingInterval (where 'protocol' equals imap/pop3/rss/live/caldav/yab) on account/COS and zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval on the datasource only:

Deprecated zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval on account/cos since 6.0.0. Values of zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval on account/cos are migrated to protocol specific zimbraDataSource{proto}PollingInterval.
    Rules:
    1. If zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval is set on data source, use it.
    2. Otherwise use the zimbraDataSource{Proto}PollingInterval on account/cos
    3. If zimbraDataSource{Proto}PollingInterval is not set on account/cos, use 0, which means no automated polling.
    So to avoid having to tediously set it on each datasource, you want something like:
    zmprov mc COSname zimbraDataSourcePop3PollingInterval 45m
    Or the more specific per user:
    zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraDataSourcePop3PollingInterval 45m
    While we now do it automatically for calendars Bug 12390 - automatically reload remote calendars & rss Bug 6491 - Allow automatic / scheduled reloading of feeds we didn't expose end users settings for mail polling because of performance Bug 22114 -Expose external account polling interval in UI however you can vote for Bug 21199 - add ability to set autopolling in admin console
    Last edited by mmorse; 11-28-2009 at 12:50 AM.

MACscr is offline Special Member

So is the conclusion that we cant import pop3 emails from an external account into the main inbox? if not, why the hell is it a listed option?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    So is the conclusion that we cant import pop3 emails from an external account into the main inbox?
    No, if you read the thread and bug reports that's not the conclusion here. You can certainly import a POP3 account into the Inbox of a user, what you can't do is import multiple external POP3 accounts into the Inbox as per bug 40033

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    if not, why the hell is it a listed option?
    It's there because it's a feature that works as designed.

If you're having a problem importing a single external POP3 account into the Inbox then you should start a new thread (or file a support case or bug report) on the subject and give full details to reproduce the problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information