Thread: Highlighting of Zimbra Folders - New Mail?

BigBirdy is offline Banned

Default Highlighting of Zimbra Folders - New Mail?

Just setup the latest Zimba Server on CentOS 5x and for now, I have pointed an account to an existing (Scalix) server via IMAP to work with it before I make the inevitable switch. However, I have many, many folders/sub-folders and so I only see a highlighted folder with new mail, if I navigate all the way down to the folder with the mail. Given the number of folders I cant expand them all to see which have new mail so is there any way to have the highlighting (Bolding) of an IMAP sub-folder propagate all the way up the the main folder? For instance, if I have a folder structure like Business/Company/Alerts, and new mail goes into the Alerts sub-folder, is there any way to have all the upper folders also show in bold indicating new mail? Ideally, it would be nice to see something like Business(5)/Company(3)/Alerts(2) which not only propogates the bolding, but shows an accumulating message count for each folder/sub-folder.

Thanks to anyone that can offer a suggestion.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Why not just use the search function, you'll find it is quite powerful and searches can be saved. You just need to enter the following in the search bar to find unread mail:

Code:
    is:unread
    Details of the search function can be found in this wiki article
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for the tip, but thats just not a solution for me. At least not an efficient solution. When combined with having to re-open every folder I want visible when I login, and then having to manually search for new mail, this is a big time waster. It would be much more efficient if the top-level folders showed the new mail count of all the subfolders.

But thanks for trying.

raj
    raj is offline Moderator

you can SAVE your search..many searches with different logic.
    and then when you log in all you need to do is SINGLE CLICK and you will have all your unread or new mail. 1 click is lot less work then looking into lots of folders. you dont have to search every time manually with saved search(s)

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

Boy the search feature in Z sure is snappy!!! Although that is still a great tip, and I can see that it can be saved, I have so many folders, and so many mailing lists that I subscribe to I get around 300-500 pieces of mail each day and so just going through the long list, unsorted, is a bit messy. For my own use, I tend to scan very quickly each of the important folders I review daily and often delete en-masse after quickly scanning subjects. I also dont check each list daily and so prefer to just quickly determine which folders have a large number of new messages. I do appreciate the suggestion and certainly will use the snappy search features, but for my own use (quick folder scans daily), its so much easier if I could find some way to get the new mail count in any given folder to propagate up the folder hierarchy.

Thread Information