Thread: Multi-Server Install

kkimani is offline Active Member

Default Multi-Server Install

Hi all,

have this project whereby am supposed to install zimbra mail server in 10 branches and all should be in sync with the main server that is in the headquater. I have installed a single server in an organization but am having so many doubts while i try to implement this new setup.
    Does any one have a How-to to give me a hand or idea on how to accomplish this task!
    The setup should be that the server in the headquater is the main mail server and it should distribute mail to the other servers in the various branches once it receives mail and vice-versa once they send mail.
    I will highly appreciate

Regards

bonoboslr is offline Special Member

What do you mean by in-sync with the main server? What you can do is have users mailstores based on location. i.e users on a certain campus can reside on campus1-mailstore.yourdomain.com and others can reside on campus2-mailstore.yourdomain.com.

All your mail can come into your inbound MX SMTP servers @ your head office and then they will route to the correct mailstore based on their zimbramailstore attribute value.

It could be an idea to have ldap replicas at your campuses, maybe on the same mailstores.

veronica is offline Outstanding Member

Make sure dont install AS/AV on different sites or message will get scanned multiple times. This will slow down your delivery. If you have a setup with huge mail flow you need to take care how good is your bandwidth between your main site and remote or else you might end up queuing mails

kkimani is offline Active Member

By being in sync means that the mail server is also a domain controller hence i would like the profiles to be updated in the main server after a days work....lets say maybe at night when no one is using the machines...
    So from what i understand is that you just need to install all the usual applications in the main server and make sure it does resolve the addresses!
    My big question is how will i name the other servers in the branches and ensure i tell the main server to just forward the mail to the respective machines!

Thread Information