Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Can't add new signatures in ZCS 6.0.0

FritzBrause is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Default [SOLVED] Can't add new signatures in ZCS 6.0.0

Hi,

I recently migrated two of our servers to ZCS 6.0.0. - still having lots of problems. Here's one I don't have a clue how to fix it:

We have lots of users with 6 or more E-Mail Signatures per Account.

Now, after migrating to ZCS 6.0.0 only 5 Signatures are listed in Preferences / Signatures and the "Add Signature" Button is disabled for no reason.

During composing a new E-Mail I still can see and select all existing signatures but in Preferences / Signatures I can't add new Signatures.

I already tried

Code:
    zmprov mc COSname zimbraFeatureSignaturesEnabled TRUE
    but it did not help in this case.

Has anybody a clue how to fix this? Perhaps the default COS Profile is now limited to 5 signatures per default? Maybe I missed another thread, but it's very urgent to solve this issue since I have a lot of customers complaining ...

Thank you for your Help.

Regards!

Andreas

bdial is offline Moderator

urgent matters are what support tickets are for

you could test your theory pretty easily by using a test account and gtrying to create 6 signatures, no?

i'd try usikng the cli tools to create another signature for a user too and see if that works or maybe produces an error in the mailbox.log that may help you isolate this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    urgent matters are what support tickets are for

you could test your theory pretty easily by using a test account and gtrying to create 6 signatures, no?

i'd try usikng the cli tools to create another signature for a user too and see if that works or maybe produces an error in the mailbox.log that may help you isolate this.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

CLI is not an Option for End users. So what would it help if creating a set of 10 signatures via CLI would work and via Web Frontend it still doesn't?

And the question is not if it works with new accounts but rather why it doesn't with lots of existing accounts after upgrading from 5.0.18 to 6.0.0.

Of cause I'll open a support ticket by now. But I still like to share my experience with the community.

Regards

Andreas

bdial is offline Moderator

you originally theorized it might be a cos limitation. you could very well be right. sometimes those kind of things make their way in and aren't exposed in the admin UI.

thats why i'm saying to try adding with a new account. if you create a new account, manage to add 5 signatures and then suddenly the add button is greyed out, then you know it's not an issue that applies to only users that existed pre upgrade.

additionally if you are able to add a signature to an existing account using cli tools, then you know that it's not a cos issue.

you could always do a zmprov gc <cos> | grep -i signature and see if theres any options there

i wasn't suggesting anything that was menat to supposed to be permanent solutions, but rather ideas that were to help you figure out what hte problem is.

mmorse is offline Moderator

zimbraSignatureMaxNumEntries
    (was supposed to be 20 maybe we reduced it to 5 somewhere)

Mike,

thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    zimbraSignatureMaxNumEntries
    (was supposed to be 20 maybe we reduced it to 5 somewhere)
    Is this stated somewhere? I did search the admin guide and wiki but did not find anything about changing defaults in 6.0.0. I was wondering why defaults are being changed with no obvious reason :-)

I just tested

Code:
    zmprov mc default zimbraSignatureMaxNumEntries 20
    as well as

Code:
    zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraSignatureMaxNumEntries 20
    Both with no effect to existing accounts. Didn't test if this changes will apply to newly created accounts yet.

Regards

Andreas

Hence why I filed the bug

Without looking anything up I made the first post mentioning the attribute bdial was referencing.

Then went to check zimbra-attrs which shows we didn't change the default from 20, saw no upgrade step to reduce it, examined my current values for both COS & account, then set different values on both to no effect.

It's a 'fallback' or 'hard-coded' value in the advanced AJAX client - setting zimbraSignatureMaxNumEntries is not working as it should hence 'not respected'.

Workaround: Use the standard HTML client which properly shows "Create up to x signatures to choose from when composing an email" and you can indeed add 20. (You have to click 'save' with each one before the 'add signature' button shows up again.) Switch back to the AJAX client and you'll only see 5 displayed, but you can select them as choices under accounts (in either web-client) and they will appear when composing a new mail.

Note for when your testing the HTML client workaround: Realize that if you have 20 signatures, and the zimbraSignatureMaxNumEntries is reduced to say 2 the existing signatures aren't removed, you just can't add any more. (This is intentional behavior, since we have no way of knowing which signatures should be removed.)

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Hence why I filed the bug

Without looking anything up I made the first post mentioning the attribute bdial was referencing.

Then went to check zimbra-attrs which shows we didn't change the default from 20, saw no upgrade step to reduce it, examined my current values for both COS & account, then set different values on both to no effect.

It's a 'fallback' or 'hard-coded' value in the advanced AJAX client - setting zimbraSignatureMaxNumEntries is not working as it should hence 'not respected'.

Workaround: Use the standard HTML client which properly shows "Create up to x signatures to choose from when composing an email" and you can indeed add 20. (You have to click 'save' with each one before the 'add signature' button shows up again.) Switch back to the AJAX client and you'll only see 5 displayed, but you can select them as choices under accounts (in either web-client) and they will appear when composing a new mail.
    Mike,

that does the trick!

You saved my day. Thank you very much.

Regards

Andreas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information