Thread: [SOLVED] I'm getting desperate!

s0undt3ch is offline Loyal Member

Unhappy [SOLVED] I'm getting desperate!

Yesterday, I got exited that there was a debian 5.0 zimbra install that I forgot the basic's!!!
    I didn't backup my system.

I upgraded my debian 4.0 to 5.0, upgraded zimbra and the problems started. First the perl 5.10 issues seen on some threads here on the forum. I tried several of the proposed solutions without solving my issues.

I then tried to downgrade to debian 4.0 again but my system was broked for good!!!!

What I did was a fresh debian 4.0 install, moved my zimbra installation to this new server, and performed an upgrade with the same version that was already installed(no version upgrade). At first I was running 5.0.16 and I was surprised to keep seeing the same issues I had with perl 5.10 and I had 5.8.8 installed. Some other solutions were tried and as a last resort I tried the upgrade to 5.0.18. No more perl issues!!!!

That unfortunately got me to the next problem:
    Code:
    2009-09-10 04:50:59,054 FATAL [main] [] soap - Unable to start servlet                                                                                       
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException                                                                                                                           
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.<init>(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:826)                                                                       
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.<init>(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:751)                                                                       
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors.newFixedThreadPool(Executors.java:69)                                                                              
            at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.LmtpServer.startupLmtpServer(LmtpServer.java:55)                                                                         
            at com.zimbra.cs.util.Zimbra.startup(Zimbra.java:216)                                                                                                
            at com.zimbra.cs.util.Zimbra.startup(Zimbra.java:139)                                                                                                
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.init(SoapServlet.java:121)                                                                                            
            at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:241)                                                                                        
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:433)                                                                       
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:256)                                                                           
            at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)                                                                          
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:612)                                                                      
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:139)                                                                                  
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1222)                                                                      
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:501)                                                                         
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:449)                                                                            
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:147)                                                                   
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:161)                                                     
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:147)                                                                   
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:117)                                                                         
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:117)                                                                         
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:217)                                                                                                 
            at org.mortbay.setuid.SetUIDServer.doStart(SetUIDServer.java:100)                                                                                    
            at org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:979)                                                                                  
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)                                                                                       
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)                                                                     
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)                                                             
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)                                                                                                  
            at org.mortbay.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:183)                                                                                                  
            at org.mortbay.start.Main.start(Main.java:497)                                                                                                       
            at org.mortbay.start.Main.main(Main.java:115)                                                                                                        
    2009-09-10 04:50:59,066 WARN  [main] [] log - failed SoapServlet                                                                                             
    javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.UnavailableException
    Here's the full log output.

I've been on zimbra's IRC channel and some very helpful people have tried to get this working but without success... :\

Can anyone please at least understand what's happening on that log?

This is Debian 4.0 x86 VServer guest on an AMD64 xen guest setup now running Zimbra 5.0.18.

All the help will be appreciated!

Note: Event though the reported details by zimbra is Release 5.0.18_GA_3011.DEBIAN4.0 DEBIAN4.0_64 FOSS edition, this is a x86 Vserver guest.

All issues were solved witht the desperate attempt to upgrade to 6.0. Don't know why, nor what really was the issue.

Thread Information