Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with saving setting in Global Settings -> MTA

ghstridr is offline Intermediate Member

Default Problems with saving setting in Global Settings -> MTA

Code:
    Server error encountered Message: Unknown Error Error code: AjxException.UNKNOWN_ERROR Method: AjxRpc.prototype._invoke Details:[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.send]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: https://192.168.68.50:7071
    Was trying to save some new settings.
    Zimbra OS v 5.0.18 GA
    Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (fully updated)

ghstridr is offline Intermediate Member

Default Update

Logged out and back in, problem solved.

How I came across this was:
    Made changes to AS/AV, saved them (new thresholds and header message).
    Made changes to pop service (disabled them), saved them.
    Made changes to (enabled 3 checkboxes under dns checks), tried to save them and got previously posted error message.

jones0610 is offline Active Member

Similar problem (but different error message). Logging out/in doesn't help. New install and I believe this feature did work earlier today so probably not something horribly wrong with my install.

Click any global settings MTA button and when I try to save I get a java popup complaining "object doesn't support this property or method number -2146827850".

Nothing in /var/log/zimbra. Pretty much all of the other admin GUI configuation panels seem to work fine. This seems to be just about global settings (but none of the settings in any of those tabs will save).

I am a total Zimbra noob with one day of experience with it. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction?

So far I'm lovin' Zimbra. It installed easily and is very intuitive to set up and manage, at least so far.

TIA!

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

Maybe something got corrupt in your browser? Try clearing your cache and trying again.

Thanks for responding. But, no-go. Different browsers (IE6, IE8, FF) and using different PC = same result.

I'm 99.9% certain that this worked yesterday when I first built Zimbra. I have to take down the server today to add more memory. Don't know that a reboot will solve anything but if it does I'll update this thread. In the meantime, I live and die using black list subscriptions so I really need the MTA tab (at least) to work. Again, this ONLY seems to effect global settings. All of the other forms seem to save changes just fine.

This is a single server instance. TIA!

Do you see anything in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log when you try to save? /var/log/zimbra.log is more realted to the MTA part only.
    mailbox.log has a lot more of the internal Zimbra related information.

Nothing in the log file that looks interesting to me but I've attached the dialogue in case someone sees something telling.

My Firefox 3.5.3 browser is configured so tight that I don't like to use it on "trusted" conenctions like this one. So I'm mostly using IE6 SP3 which is my primary browser. I've also tried IE8 and I see that Zimbra does not support Opera.
    Attached Files Attached Files

IE6 isn't supported either
    On the Admin console I have found that gecko based browsers work the best, and IE7/8 seem to work as well. Webkit based browsers like Chrome and Safari have major issues with the Admin console, but handle the client fine. Opera... can't handle the advanced client and fails utterly on the admin console.

As for your problem M3-346 problems this thread might be of use, even though it is for a much older version...

Not to be argumentative but when I tried to log on using Opera, it said that IE6 SP2+ was supported. And so far, except for this issue, IE6 has been working fine. I did try IE8 with the same bad result. Ditto for FF although as I said, it's locked down pretty tight so I would expect to see problems using it at "fussy" web sites. I do have my Zimbra server as "trusted" though which usually cures a lot of ills

I attached a much smaller log file snippet... of every (and only) thing logged when trying to save global settings. Looks like it checks my rights (global admin is checked on) and that's as far as it goes.

I'd certainly agree that the browser seems suspect but I am running out of browsers to try. I suppose I can install gecko on one of my crash dummies and give that a try. Stay tuned
    Attached Files Attached Files

woops sorry forgot to actually say that, gecko is the rendering engine behind firefox, so you already have checked using one of them.

Does your master.cf file have the line mentioned in the thread I linked?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information