Thread: Using smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header

jnetman1 is offline Intermediate Member

Default Using smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header

Am having zero success using the smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header postfix setting on 5.0.15. Added:

POSTCONF smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header yes

under:

SECTION mta DEPENDS amavis

in /opt/zimbra/conf/zmmta.cf and restarted the mta. Looks like all the right things are happening with the config files, but no "authenticated sender" headers appear on messages sent from non-zimbra clients (like tbird, evolution, etc.)

Checked /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/main.cf and see that the setting is taking, so I am at a complete loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Why don't you use the correct Submission port 587 (I assume for authenticated users submission) which I assume is what you're trying to do? There's details in the forums if you'd like to do a quick search. If that's not the problem what exactly are you trying to achieve.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

jnetman1 is offline Intermediate Member

Simple. I want to be able to detect an email that his been sent by an authenticated user so that I may adjust spamassassin scores accordingly. This seems like the logical way to get it done. Our people are presently using a variety of clients to access their mailbox and send messages.

Thread Information