Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: tls auth only?

  1. #11
    rmvg is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Are you using the entire user@domain for your username in your mail client?
    YES that is the way the server knows what domain each user belongs to right? anyways i tried without the domain name and that does not seem to work either. Sould i be using different servers ie i have the zimbra server set up as canmial.org and also have a record for it as mx1.canmail.org.

    When I have other (virtual) domains on the zimbra server should i be using that domain as the smtp server? ie rather than using canmial.org for all smtp settings should i be using virtual1.com and virtual2.com instead?
    Computer King

    http://www.computerking.ca

    Sales, Service, and Hosting
    Email, Data, and Web Packages
    Ask about web design specials

    Affiliates
    http://www.computerking.ca/pages/lin...affiliates.htm

  2. #12
    KevinH's Avatar
    KevinH is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    What client are you using; Outlook? Is there any error coming back from the client when you try to send?

  3. #13
    rmvg is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Outlook express does not seem to give any error just keeps asking for the username and password over and over agian.

    Thunder bird does the same

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    What client are you using; Outlook? Is there any error coming back from the client when you try to send?
    Computer King

    http://www.computerking.ca

    Sales, Service, and Hosting
    Email, Data, and Web Packages
    Ask about web design specials

    Affiliates
    http://www.computerking.ca/pages/lin...affiliates.htm

  4. #14
    KevinH's Avatar
    KevinH is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmvg
    Outlook express does not seem to give any error just keeps asking for the username and password over and over agian.

    Thunder bird does the same
    Take a look at this thread. I've put in the dialogs on how to configure SMTP auth with Outlook Express.

    How to configure SMTP AUTH (TLS) with Outlook Express

  5. #15
    rmvg is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    all that is fine it is zimbra that is failing auth remember the log snip i sent u earlier in this conversation


    Oct 12 08:09:25 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1723]: connect from S0106000cf1cf4e9e.cg.shawcable.net[70.72.12.90]
    Oct 12 08:09:26 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1723]: warning: S0106000cf1cf4e9e.cg.shawcable.net[70.72.12.90]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed
    Oct 12 08:09:26 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1723]: lost connection after AUTH from S0106000cf1cf4e9e.cg.shawcable.net[70.72.12.90]
    Oct 12 08:09:26 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1723]: disconnect from S0106000cf1cf4e9e.cg.shawcable.net[70.72.12.90]
    Computer King

    http://www.computerking.ca

    Sales, Service, and Hosting
    Email, Data, and Web Packages
    Ask about web design specials

    Affiliates
    http://www.computerking.ca/pages/lin...affiliates.htm

  6. #16
    KevinH's Avatar
    KevinH is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmvg
    all that is fine it is zimbra that is failing auth remember the log snip i sent u earlier in this conversation


    Oct 12 08:09:25 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1723]: connect from S0106000cf1cf4e9e.cg.shawcable.net[70.72.12.90]
    Oct 12 08:09:26 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1723]: warning: S0106000cf1cf4e9e.cg.shawcable.net[70.72.12.90]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed
    Oct 12 08:09:26 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1723]: lost connection after AUTH from S0106000cf1cf4e9e.cg.shawcable.net[70.72.12.90]
    Oct 12 08:09:26 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1723]: disconnect from S0106000cf1cf4e9e.cg.shawcable.net[70.72.12.90]
    Yes but if your mail client isn't correctly sending the right auth commands it will continue to fail. Not sure what else I can help with. Maybe you can try to recreate your SSL certs? Are you using the default ones? Or did you try to install your own?

  7. #17
    rmvg is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    9

    Default fixed

    Followed the instructions here to create a cert

    certs

    but I must have missed or broke something as i remade certs and now i can login to Zimbra agian

    THANKS

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Yes but if your mail client isn't correctly sending the right auth commands it will continue to fail. Not sure what else I can help with. Maybe you can try to recreate your SSL certs? Are you using the default ones? Or did you try to install your own?
    Computer King

    http://www.computerking.ca

    Sales, Service, and Hosting
    Email, Data, and Web Packages
    Ask about web design specials

    Affiliates
    http://www.computerking.ca/pages/lin...affiliates.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How to configure SMTP AUTH (TLS) with Outlook Express
    By KevinH in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 08:46 AM
  2. TLS not working?
    By 3RiversTechAdmin in forum Installation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 06:12 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 06:22 PM
  4. Supporting SPA and TLS for SMTP relaying
    By pbwebguy in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 07:59 AM
  5. smtp TLS auth error
    By PAI in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •