Thread: Currupt Account List Database

jleaman is offline Junior Member

Default Currupt Account List Database

A user of mine has a currupt account list database. What steps can I take to fix this problem?

uxbod is offline Moderator

Well you have not really told us anything about the problem

Perhaps you could start by telling us which version of ZCS you are running ?
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v
    and whether you have checked your Log Files - Zimbra :: Wiki for any error messages

Question Sorry for the rushed post -- here is the issue

One of my users has been having subtle, but consistent, errors with his address book. The most obvious was when he does look-ups (compose a new e-mail and begin typing in the "To:" field) on the contact list, he gets an unresponsive script error. When we deployed a blackberry to this user we produced wild issues with his contact list. Some of the issues are as follows: one contact would get generated 1000 times or so causeing slowed performance, address book options were locked and we did not have the ability to change them, a format was neccessary. He is currently running with a static address book.

I have since assumed this issue was because of his address book and narrowed it down to his "Contacts" address book because this is the only one that syncs with a blackberry.

We exported his "Contacts" and compared it to another export of a temporary address book. We added one user to the temporary address book with an item in every field possible. The differences were obvious and abundant.

Then I took the temporary address book into an editor and added my own column. I ensured the format was correct but the header was something zimbra wouldn't natively recognize (testfakefield). When I imported this list into Zimbra then back out, this list was preserved.

One more bit of history -- This user has been at this company before we implemented zimbra. His contact list has been exported from and imported to a couple different e-mail clients. Something in his crazy list is now causing issues within zimbra.

Basically, the users contact list has many columns that have at least one contact with that field populated. This must be known to a few people as the zimbra importer seems to ignore but preserve unrecognized fields.

Have you seen this before? Is there any add-on to help clean up the contact lists?

iway is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

You could try the contactcleaner zimlet, not sure if that's what you're looking for...

This user does have messy contacts. The contact cleaner is pretty smart but each duplicate would need to be looked at individually. Would duplicate entries cause this behavior?

Till now I have been focused on the exported data. I want to start looking at the database for errors. Is the database mysql? Where are the contacts located for a specific user?

uxbod is offline Moderator

That link didn't help me very much. Is there documentation on purging address book databases? What are the consequences of doing that?

Thread Information