Thread: Zimbra + Samba and archiving issues

mozg31337 is offline Active Member

Default Zimbra + Samba and archiving issues

Hello everyone,

I have implemented Zimbra + Samta integration and it seems to work so far. However, i've found an issue when trying to add archiving support for the user that has been created with Posix + Samba attributes. here is the output of the error that I get:

zimbra@zimbra1:~$ zmarchiveconfig enable peterdupont@libertaspartnersllp.com
    Exception in thread "main" com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: invalid request: createAccount invalid schema change: [LDAP: error code 65 - object class 'posixAccount' requires attribute 'uidNumber']
    ExceptionId:btpool0-76:1248866284472:c60342f296d980a2
    Code:service.INVALID_REQUEST
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(So ap12Protocol.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyEl ement(SoapTransport.java:266)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResp onse(SoapTransport.java:227)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(So apHttpTransport.java:295)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(So apHttpTransport.java:230)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTr ansport.java:318)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTr ansport.java:282)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invoke (SoapProvisioning.java:192)
    at com.zimbra.cs.archive.ArchiveSoapProvisioning.enab leArchive(ArchiveSoapProvisioning.java:61)
    at com.zimbra.cs.archive.ArchiveUtil.main(ArchiveUtil .java:143)

my guess is that zmarchiveconfig does not check for the posix + samba presence and tries to create an ldap entry without the required attributes. Is there a way around it? Can I manually add archiving support somehow?

Thanks

Andrei

scohol is offline Active Member

I have the same issue. Did you have any luck with this?

Thread Information