Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Per-User AS/AV Filters (like sieve) - Spam in PoP3 lost?

lovelord is online now Senior Member

Exclamation [SOLVED] Per-User AS/AV Filters (like sieve) - Spam in PoP3 lost?

Hi all,

trying Zimbra CS 5.0.18 and 6.0 Beta 2 on Esxi Vms,

what I've noted is that there is no possibility to insert a "per-user" AS/AV filter, but only in global settings there is a sort of filtering [bounce-tag-tag/label].

Is this intended to work "as is" or there is a way for customers to personalize their own profile, with something like creating a CoS for and pairing to a single account or domain:

NO-AS/AV
    TAG-SPAM-WITH-XXX
    DISCARD-ALL-SPAM
    so on

Other question, please forgive my newbies,

is there any way to learn spam in NON IMAP mode on a client like Outlook 2000-2007 or express without sending any single message to

ham.<random>@domain.name.xxx for ham
    spam.<random>@domain.name.xxx for spam

Another thing: If a message is tagged as *** SPAM *** by global settings a user with pop3 on Outlook will never see that message!! (it is moved to Junk by server, and I need to log into webmail to untag that, this is not good at all )

There is no per-user Trash/Junk delete time but only a global one (a lot of customers personalize this....)
    Last edited by lovelord; 07-16-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Jbrabander is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovelord View Post
    is there any way to learn spam in NON IMAP mode on a client like Outlook 2000-2007 or express without sending any single message to

ham.<random>@domain.name.xxx for ham
    spam.<random>@domain.name.xxx for spam
    If you use the Zimbra Connector for Outlook with Outlook 2003 & 2007 you should get a "junk" folder in the overall folder list. If you put messages into or take them out of that folder the system will automatically put things in the spam or ham training folders.

As for your AS/AV question...why would you ever want email accounts with no AS/AV on them? And why would you want each user to have their own AS/AV settings? That would seem to be asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrabander View Post
    If you use the Zimbra Connector for Outlook with Outlook 2003 & 2007 you should get a "junk" folder in the overall folder list. If you put messages into or take them out of that folder the system will automatically put things in the spam or ham training folders.
    This is interesting, but we are talking about ZCS, not a Network Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrabander View Post
    As for your AS/AV question...why would you ever want email accounts with no AS/AV on them? And why would you want each user to have their own AS/AV settings? That would seem to be asking for trouble.
    Easy. We got a thousand customers more or less, and each one ask us every day for different spam settings. Someone really want to buy ******, someone need to receive messages from XXX Newsletters, and who are we to say that that is impossible definetly? Per-user settings are intended for this reasons, what should be spam for me is not necessarly spam for you. Ok, a virus for me is a virus for you, and that's right.

Whitelist and Blacklist in ZCS 6 is a point of start, not a goal IMHO.

uxbod is offline Moderator

If your customers are under a single domain, and until such time ZCS6 is implemented, then you could look at putting something like ::: Official Home Page for MailScanner - Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Filter ::: in-front of ZCS combined with http://mailwatch.sourceforge.net so that they can control their own individual SPAM settings.

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    If your customers are under a single domain, and until such time ZCS6 is implemented, then you could look at putting something like ::: Official Home Page for MailScanner - Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Filter ::: in-front of ZCS combined with http://mailwatch.sourceforge.net so that they can control their own individual SPAM settings.
    That could be interesting, but we are a little ISP with our main domain that cover ~400/500 Mailboxes, others ~1000-1500 Mailboxes are under different domains. In our little reality we've learned that , less people "click & clack" around in settings that doesn't know, better is the quality of our overall service. But we cannot say "This is the new mail server, it has this this and this function, but it cannot use this this this and this service anymore..."

People could answer... "Ok , dismiss our contract please. Bye Bye"

This isn't doable in anyway as you can imagine.

You can restrict what capabilities the user has in Mailwatch. You have already said you would like them to be able to control the SA score which triggers whether a SPAM or not.

You can restrict what capabilities the user has in Mailwatch. You have already said you would like them to be able to control the SA score which triggers whether a SPAM or not.
    Yes , that is a good advice uxbod, I'm reading their homepage just now. What is not so good is that users have to access to an interface different from Zimbra. We tryed in past Maia Mailguard, that was a very good application (for admins) but a little complicated for newbies customers. It's only an aesthetic observation.

Anyway, how zimbra could interface itself with mailwatch , there is any guide or howto that someone have already wrote, a sample or demo, something?

Unfortunately there is no direct integration with MW from ZCS at the present time. Though it is something I very much wish to do by adding a additional button in ZCS. So, time permitting this may be available in the future

Unfortunately there is no direct integration with MW from ZCS at the present time. Though it is something I very much wish to do by adding a additional button in ZCS. So, time permitting this may be available in the future
    Interesting uxbod, but for Mailwatch integration, I've to deactivate local SA, or I've to route all incoming/outgoing messages to MW?

If it works like a filter it has to intercept all in/out messages I suppose, so I'm asking about ZCS SA + MW interference work together...

Added a bugzilla report , probably some cute developer will hear us, reply all pls!

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=39507

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information