Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Per-User AS/AV Filters (like sieve) - Spam in PoP3 lost?

uxbod is offline Moderator

Indeed Join the MS mailing list aswell. Plenty of helpful information on there including custom SpamAssassin rules.

lovelord is offline Senior Member

probably I'm out of topic here, but just asking mysel this:

Is I have configured AS/AV to tag messages @ 33% with [SPAM] tag there is no way to keep messages in inbox folder instead moving them into Junk?

Why this question, for the following reason:

If a pop3 client connect to an inbox and receive all message tagged and not-tagged they could filter in local with any filtering solution, but it tagged messages are moved by server into Junk folder they see no messages and also i've wasted time tagging messages that already are moved into Junk...

There is no way to keep tagged messages into inbox folder without disabling AS discard >80/90% ??

neyz is offline Junior Member

Having a front MW + MS scanner seems like a good idea but how would you integrate it with zimbra ? I mean, then the junk and ham folders would not be working for spam learning and this kinda defeats the purpose of the "per user filtering" no ?

Cheers !

Nothing,

neither going deep through amavis configuration I've found how it works correctly. There is REALLY no way to say "Zimbra, please, if you tag a message as spam in subject, deliver messages into inbox instead moving them to junk!" ?

This is really quiet important becouse a lot of customers have different way to read email and not all understand what a webmail is...

EDIT:

I thought to reversing the problem: probably I can wait that Zimbra do its dirty work with spam, wait for message tagged into junk and find a way to move again messages from junk to inbox in someway ... really don't know how but if it is impossible to do front... what do you think about?
    Last edited by lovelord; 07-21-2009 at 12:50 AM.

So that basicly means that on top of having no per user control, people checking their mails with POP3 don't have ANY form of control on their spams right ?

Is it possible to have at least a daily mail sent to users with a summary of blocked spam with a way to release it like MS does ?

Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by neyz View Post
    So that basicly means that on top of having no per user control, people checking their mails with POP3 don't have ANY form of control on their spams right ?

Is it possible to have at least a daily mail sent to users with a summary of blocked spam with a way to release it like MS does ?

Cheers !
    That is the problem, and this is really strange that wasn't be scheduled to be solved. Other webmail solutions or collaboration suites like Kolab or Horde do this... asking why ZCS couldn't.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lovelord View Post
    That is the problem, and this is really strange that wasn't be scheduled to be solved. Other webmail solutions or collaboration suites like Kolab or Horde do this... asking why ZCS couldn't.
    Do search bugzilla if you need information about RFEs or bug reports: Search for bugs
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Well, i'm supposed to have a chat with sales and technical support later on today to present me the Zimbra network solution. Needless to say this is imperative for us so we will see, maybe it's schedueled for V6 ? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by neyz View Post
    Well, i'm supposed to have a chat with sales and technical support later on today to present me the Zimbra network solution. Needless to say this is imperative for us so we will see, maybe it's schedueled for V6 ? ^^
    Zimbra sales support in Italy already contacted me for a personalized solution for our company. We are a little ISP in Tuscany, we cannot hope that offer will be so low in price that we probably accept... so I've to center my attention on ZCS because mailservers must be changed this August in a way or another.
    Last edited by lovelord; 07-21-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information