Thread: stricter settings to prevent the proposal of overlapping meetings

gettyless is offline Loyal Member

Default stricter settings to prevent the proposal of overlapping meetings

I have a conference room defined as a Resource - and have set it to "Auto-accept unless busy". But that doesn't do what I "really" want -- is to not even allow people to propose a time that overlaps.

The UI is fine - it clearly indicates that time is blocked off for something else. But zimbra will still let the user submit it. Is there some hidden ldap setting I can make, to prevent this?

A workaround for this, is if I create a "conference" user and just have someone manually manage the official calendar for the meeting room. Then force users to lookup free/busy information via:

https://mail.blah.com/home/conferenc....com/Main.html

gettyless is offline Loyal Member

Actually I take that back. What I was originally asking is a "nice to have" thing. From looking at this in more detail, it looks like people just have to verify that they are not "offiically" booked for their time unless the email confirmation says so.

So I need to clearly communicate to people that they have to:
    1) make sure the confirmation is received
    2) if they didn't get it, then they probably have a scheduling conflict (and thus ignored the blocked off times in the Schedule tab; and the Big Red Bold "Busy" when they added the location)

That said, I really think there should be a setting to not even allow the user to define a conflicting calendar entry for a conference room, to force them to resolve it.

Thread Information