Thread: Whitelisting domain

GCamp is offline Active Member

Default Whitelisting domain

I have an email that I receive daily from an organization that Spamassassin insists is SPAM. I on the otherhand want to receive it. I keep moving it out of the Junk folder or even clicking "Not Junk" from the web interface just to have it flagged the next day.

Is there a way that I can "whitelist" this sending domain in Zimbra?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Moving an email out of the Junk folder isn't correct, you should always use the 'Not Junk' button otherwise the anti-spam system won't be trained.

Improving Anti-spam system - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Moving an email out of the Junk folder isn't correct, you should always use the 'Not Junk' button otherwise the anti-spam system won't be trained.

Improving Anti-spam system - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I am still confused. Somewhere I read on the Forum (I haven't had time to find the reference for this post) that any email that is marked SPAM that is moved from the junk folder will be sent to the HAM training account when the trainsa script ran. Conversly, any email placed into the junk folder would be sent to the SPAM training account.

I know that Zimbra is working on individual whitelisting/blacklisting. Any idea where that stands?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GCamp View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I am still confused. Somewhere I read on the Forum (I haven't had time to find the reference for this post) that any email that is marked SPAM that is moved from the junk folder will be sent to the HAM training account when the trainsa script ran. Conversly, any email placed into the junk folder would be sent to the SPAM training account.
    Yes, that was changed in 5.0.11 which I see you're using so that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by GCamp View Post
    I know that Zimbra is working on individual whitelisting/blacklisting. Any idea where that stands?
    It's available in Version 6.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Round 2

By adding - whitelist_from mnn-news@mnnonline.org - to the /opt/zimbra/conf/salocal.cf.in file the emails were delivered as expected - for about a week. After this the emails were being flagged as spam again. I checked the salocal.cf.in file and verified that nothing had changed. I also checked the From address of the email and there were no changes here.

Why did the whitelist work for a few days then quit?

uxbod is offline Moderator

salocal.cf.in is the stub file, so what is actually in salocal.cf ? Have you checked /var/log/zimbra.log aswell to see what happened when the message came arrived ?

The whitelist entry is also in the salocal.cf file. I have checked the zimbra.log for the last several days and have not found the email address in question. In fact, I see very few, if any, email addresses listed. I may need to increase the logging level.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Do you have the SpamAssassin tools installed on your server so that you can run your conf files through in debug mode ? If you wish to increase the logging level then you can set log_level=2 in /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf.in and then restart ZCS.

veronica is offline Outstanding Member

Can you paste the headers of the mail which is marked as spam inspite of whitelisting ? ( especially the spam header part )

Thread Information