Thread: 2 Questions about ZCS

infernalshade is offline Junior Member

Default 2 Questions about ZCS

Hello!

At first, sorry for my bad English!

Well, i've set up a Virtual Machine in Virtualbox with Ubuntu 8.04 installed on it.
    My Host-Machine does have the IP-Adress 192.168.100.32, the Guest-Machine has a briged Network-Interface and hast 192.168.100.99.

Both IP / Machines are in a Domain called "company.local".

The Ubuntu-Install's Hostname is "zimbra-server", so the FQDN is zimbra-server.company.local

I've set all required Settings in our DNS-Server and then i installed Zimbra 5 OS-Edition. The Installation was successfull and everything is working.

But now i've figured out 2 Problems:

1. If i create an external Mail-Adress, i can't set the SMTP (-Auth). I found out, that the Server sends the Mail itselfs, not over another ISP's Mailserver.

The Problem is, we have a dynamic IP Adress and since the Installation Spamhaus blocked our IP twice! So we can't send outgoing E-Mails...

So is there a Way to set an external Mailserver (for each User/Account)?

2. If i send a Mail to a Zimbra-Account (user1.company.local) then the Mail arrives automatically (without clicking on "get mails"). But if i send a Mail to an external Mail-Adress (e.g. Mail from user1@web.de to user1@company.de (This Mail-Adress is set up as external-Mail-Account in Zimbra)) then the Mail doesn't arrive automatically! If i click on "Get Mails", then the Mail is downloaded...

Is there a Way, that external Accounts were also checked (maybe every 60seconds) for new Mails?

Thx and Greetz,
    infernalshade

EDIT: I have to say that i tried the Solution in the wiki and i read this Thread: Help for SMTP Relays for external domains
    BUT: After sending a Mail it takes about 3-4 Minutes, then i receive this Log-Entry in zimbra.log:

zimbra conversation with mailout.company.de[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting.

What does this mean!?
    Last edited by infernalshade; 06-17-2009 at 05:55 AM.

Thread Information