Thread: Clicking on link opens HTTP instead of HTTPS

mlanner is offline Special Member

Default Clicking on link opens HTTP instead of HTTPS

Hi,

I'm having issues with some users being redirected to HTTP instead of HTTPS inside Zimbra NE. I have set the server to ONLY use HTTPS. Still, when some users try to, for example, change their password or send a shared calendar to external people, the URL being produced is HTTP instead of HTTPS. Obviously, that will produce an error as the server does not accept HTTP connections.

This sometimes also happens from the admin web GUI. For example, if I click "View Mailbox" from the accounts page, sometimes it opens it up as http://...

The strangest part of this behavior is that it doesn't seem consistent. Sometimes it works as expected, while other times not. It seems that some users are having this issue, while others are not.

I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make Zimbra ALWAYS open EVERY URL with the https prefix.

Any ideas anyone has are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Is the Public Service host name set correctly for the Domain? Does this thread shed any light on the problem?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Bill,

Thanks for the quick response.

Hmm ... I went through all the domains on the server. The particular domain I've been receiving error reports from users on, let's call it mail.company.com, did not have "Public Service Host Name" set to mail.company.com. I assume that's what it should be? I added mail.company.com to the PSHN. mail.company.com is the main domain on this server.

No other domain has been set up with a Public Service Hostname. Should every domain have it? And if so, should it just be set up with the domain name itself, like mail.company123.com, or should it be using mail.company.com.

Thanks!

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

It is the url that would be used by Rest, this from the Admin UI help section.

Public service host name. Enter the host name of the REST URL. This is the URL that is used when sharing Documents Notebooks, email folders and Briefcase folders as well as sharing Task lists, Address Books, and Calendars. See Setting up a Public Service Host Name in the Managing ZCS Configurations chapter in the ZCS Administrator's Guide.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I think I'm a bit confused here ...

So, I need to add the entire base URL in the Public Service Host Name?

I just did a test, for the domain mail.company.com I added https://mail.company.com in the Public Service Host Name and saved. I then went to 'Accounts' and clicked "View Mail" on an account that has been known to have problems. When I do that, I still end up being directed to http://mail.company.com/...

Do I need to restart the server for these changes to take effect?

Thread Information