Thread: GAL (LDAP) search error in 6b1

nyogtha Guest

Default GAL (LDAP) search error in 6b1

Hi. I'm slowly implementing Zimbra to replace a number of different email-solutions where I work. I've set up a server, upgraded it to the beta and added a couple of users that volunteered to do some testing. I've set up the GAL and auth to use our old LDAP-server. This worked in the 5.x version I was running prior to upgrade, but no more.

The test part in zimbra admin (go to domain, click "Configure GAL") seems to work like it should. I input my LDAP options, go to the last window and do the test search. It returns the results I want, both for search and sync.

However, when I log on zimbra as a normal user and try to search GAL for anything I get the following error (removed emails from the result):

Code:
    A network error has occored
    method:	SearchGalRequest
    msg:	system failure: ldap search failed
    code:	service.FAILURE
    detail:	soap:Receiver
    trace:	btpool0-20:1242044723538:f776bbc11b005558
    request:	

Body: {
      SearchGalRequest: {
        _jsns: "urn:zimbraAccount",
        limit: 100,
        name: "aslak",
        offset: 0,
        sortBy: "nameAsc",
        type: "account"
       }
     },
    Header: {
      context: {
        _jsns: "urn:zimbra",
        account: {
          _content: "name@email.com",
          by: "name"
         },
        authToken: "(removed)",
        notify: {
          seq: 7
         },
        session: {
          _content: 1352,
          id: 1352
         },
        userAgent: {
          name: "ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux)",
          version: "6.0.0_BETA1_1397.UBUNTU8_64"
         }
       }
     }
    The mailbox.log tells me this:

Code:
    2009-05-11 14:25:23,538 INFO  [btpool0-20] [name=name@email.com;mid=16;ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux)/6.0.0_BETA1_1397.UBUNTU8_64;] soap - SearchGalRequest
    2009-05-11 14:25:23,539 INFO  [btpool0-20] [name=name@email.com;mid=16;ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux)/6.0.0_BETA1_1397.UBUNTU8_64;] SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: ldap search failed
    ExceptionId:btpool0-20:1242044723538:f776bbc11b005558
    Code:service.FAILURE
            at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:251)
            at com.zimbra.cs.gal.GalSearchControl.ldapSearch(GalSearchControl.java:327)
            at com.zimbra.cs.gal.GalSearchControl.search(GalSearchControl.java:89)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.account.SearchGal.handle(SearchGal.java:79)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:426)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:283)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:157)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:280)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:188)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:129)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1139)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:378)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:535)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:880)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:396)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.ZimbraLdapContext.<init>(ZimbraLdapContext.java:382)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.doGalSearch(LdapUtil.java:940)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.galSearch(LdapUtil.java:927)
            at com.zimbra.cs.gal.GalSearchControl.ldapSearch(GalSearchControl.java:325)
            ... 32 more
    I've looked everywhere I can think of without getting and smarter Does anyone have an idea?

TRS-80 is offline New Member

No ideas, but I'm seeing the same thing, I'm also running 6.0.0_BETA1_1397.UBUNTU8_64.

The bug is still there in 6.0.0_BETA2_1547.UBUNTU8_64

Reported as bug 38853

Thread Information